Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's the point isn't it? We need those players in over the course of the next two windows. It should be possible - if Brands has any nous in how to strike deals with other clubs and has any leverage with Moshiri to secure more cash.

If we dont get those players (and there's no extravagances there in that shopping list), then the manager is not being served at all well by his DoF.
That is not always down to the DoF though, he needs support from Moshiri, if they don't give him the money he can't buy the players for Silva

That is not always down to the DoF though, he needs support from Moshiri, if they don't give him the money he can't buy the players for Silva
He's there to take total control of the footballing side of things. If he cant - for one reason or another - get players shifted to provide the required funds for incoming players then he needs an owner to back his judgment that we require players in to make his and Silva's plans work.

If he isn't insisting on that (and the lack of activity in January maybe indicates he isn't) then he 's about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

He's there to take total control of the footballing side of things. If he cant - for one reason or another - get players shifted to provide the required funds for incoming players then he needs an owner to back his judgment that we require players in to make his and Silva's plans work.

If he isn't insisting on that (and the lack of activity in January maybe indicates he isn't) then he 's about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
the problem in January and the one we still have is down to FFP, that is all pre Brands. If anyone needs pulling up over this it is Moshiri for being a clueless biff and Kenwright who is supposed to be in charge of the day to day stuff and they both allowed Walsh/Koeman to just go mental with the spending/wages that summer. We have players who are barely at a championship standard but are on £100k per week and you seem to think other clubs are going to be rushing to buy them. The damage those two have done is huge and will take multiple seasons to recover from, fans need to get used to it or might aswell just go and do something else because that is just the way things are at the moment sadly.

the problem in January and the one we still have is down to FFP, that is all pre Brands. If anyone needs pulling up over this it is Moshiri for being a clueless biff and Kenwright who is supposed to be in charge of the day to day stuff and they both allowed Walsh/Koeman to just go mental with the spending/wages that summer. We have players who are barely at a championship standard but are on £100k per week and you seem to think other clubs are going to be rushing to buy them. The damage those two have done is huge and will take multiple seasons to recover from, fans need to get used to it or might aswell just go and do something else because that is just the way things are at the moment sadly.

Yes, its going to take many years for Brands to have a fresh canvas to paint on.

That doesnt mean he cant improve us year upon year, as he proved last summer.

I know his doubters point to the lack of sales we had last summer, but if theres a man alive that can convince Sandro Ramirez to go and sign for Ateletico la Toshio in the Spanish 3rd division and give up his 5m a year wages at Everton then ive yet to meet him. So I suspect most of the dross will have (On loan from Everton) next to their name on wiki till their contracts expire.

But theres a few there that we might be able to shift this summer.

Yes, its going to take many years for Brands to have a fresh canvas to paint on.

That doesnt mean he cant improve us year upon year, as he proved last summer.

I know his doubters point to the lack of sales we had last summer, but if theres a man alive that can convince Sandro Ramirez to go and sign for Ateletico la Toshio in the Spanish 3rd division and give up his 5m a year wages at Everton then ive yet to meet him. So I suspect most of the dross will have (On loan from Everton) next to their name on wiki till their contracts expire.

But theres a few there that we might be able to shift this summer.
Im sure we will improve each year like you say mate, im perfectly happy with what happened last summer and a little surprised that @davek is only happy with Digne so far. I think this summer sounds like it will be quality over quantity which im more than happy with and i agree that i think a few of the hangers on may well just end up on continual loans till the end of their contracts which is a bit of a pain in the arse but you can't expect another club to pay the stupid wages we are.

I'm just confused...who out of Bernard, Richarlison, Digne, Mina + Zouma/Gomes on loan was not a good acquisition? That's a pretty good haul in a single summer. I'm not sure what the criticism is. That he could offload enough players?

Its not just you mate.

He needed to get Kane for a packet of fruit gums to please some on here.

It's crazy what some people expect him to do, Brands signed them players in his first window, he explained yesterday why we didn't sign in the winter one because the players take time to get up to speed with no pre season, he also said they've identified who we're after for this summer, all sounds very professional to me and not just signing players because they played well against us

Well that's the point isn't it? We need those players in over the course of the next two windows. It should be possible - if Brands has any nous in how to strike deals with other clubs and has any leverage with Moshiri to secure more cash.

If we dont get those players (and there's no extravagances there in that shopping list), then the manager is not being served at all well by his DoF.

Think maybe we had crossed wires there, I thought that was just your summer shopping list.
I'm a big fan of Brands but if we haven't filled those positions in the next two windows, agreed, that would not be good for anyone, although apparently Brands being quoted today as saying he doesn't like doing business in January.

I'm just confused...who out of Bernard, Richarlison, Digne, Mina + Zouma/Gomes on loan was not a good acquisition? That's a pretty good haul in a single summer. I'm not sure what the criticism is. That he could offload enough players?
Good haul !?!?

I think its a downwright bloody miracle.

In a matter of weeks after the World Cup to fully assess the squad during a very short pre season , ship out 15 players and bring in 6 quality acquisitions.

I'd say the man is a magician.

Dave, Brands didn't buy the players we couldn't get rid of, other managers and DOF's did. And you can not sell what somebody does not want to buy simple. Where you not happy with the players brought in this year ? I was but I do realise more need to be brought in as well, such as a striker. But as you full well know Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time to buy the right players. Up to now I'm very happy with Brands, just wish we would have had him before Walsh.

Then he (Brands) has to be strong enough and powerful enough at the club to take what he can get in fees from some, buy out contracts where there's no takers and then go to the owner and tell him we need x amount of cash if he wants the Brands/Silva plan to work. And if Moshiri says no, then he has to walk out.

Dave, Brands didn't buy the players we couldn't get rid of, other managers and DOF's did. And you can not sell what somebody does not want to buy simple. Where you not happy with the players brought in this year ? I was but I do realise more need to be brought in as well, such as a striker. But as you full well know Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time to buy the right players. Up to now I'm very happy with Brands, just wish we would have had him before Walsh.

I'd be happy with that except it wont be Brands getting it in the neck if he fails to land targets and we dont improve.

IMO we have a fine young manager here. He needs backing, and that''s Brands' job. He needs to have the clout at Everton to do it. If not, he's useless, and just another glorified head scout who've stunk the place out.

Then he (Brands) has to be strong enough and powerful enough at the club to take what he can get in fees from some, buy out contracts where there's no takers and then go to the owner and tell him we need x amount of cash if he wants the Brands/Silva plan to work. And if Moshiri says no, then he has to walk out.

LOL

I worry that you honestly believe this sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back