Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wants to bring Lozano and Ziyech with him? I like him already..

That’s one position presumably filled then. We’re all fretting about the three most important positions that need filling, DOF, CEO and new Manager, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if all three are already in place.

Imagine if we spent a lot of money on two actual good players. Imagine it.
We need it. But one thing Allardyce has actually got spot on, is the squad we have is huge and there’s an awful lot of trimming that needs to be done. We can’t keep adding to it without getting the deadwood out the door also. That’s easier said than done and is even more tricky than recruiting!

We may have to cut our losses on some and accept offers below their true value just to shift them. You’d hope the Likes of Williams for example, might interest a newly promoted side because of his premiership experience. We can only hope!

We need it. But one thing Allardyce has actually got spot on, is the squad we have is huge and there’s an awful lot of trimming that needs to be done. We can’t keep adding to it without getting the deadwood out the door also. That’s easier said than done and is even more tricky than recruiting!

We may have to cut our losses on some and accept offers below their true value just to shift them. You’d hope the Likes of Williams for example, might interest a newly promoted side because of his premiership experience. We can only hope!
Unfortunately I think there are many players in the squad who we simply will not be able to get rid of until their contracts expire.

Absolutely no one will buy Jags, Williams, Martina, Baines or any of our players like that. Klaassen would go for a massive loss and you’d probably get what we paid for Sandro. All in all pretty grim.

..I have no idea if this fella is any good but I know Steve Walsh isn’t. We desperately need a new DoF.

If the first two signings he green lit where Lozano and Ziyech it'd be a great start mate, wanted Ziyech when he was still at Twente - he was the lad who came in to replace Tadic there and exceeded him - when still only about 22.

Kicked on since then as well, both him and Lozano are good on the ball, both hard working and both have pace, get those two in - and I'd actually be surprised if we didn't see Klassen given a genuine shot next season btw, they are the types of players (one the exact player - and Lozano a better player than the one at Ajax he had) that he had around him at Ajax when he played really well.

Lozano just signing with Raiola - if true is a very interesting development also, worth noting that the Raiola links to the club could imo have some serious traction behind them - he has basically through his actions over the years - pissed off some managers and teams, don't think any of City (Pep), Milan (Donnaruma stuff), Madrid or Barca will effectively deal with him these days, probably a fair few other clubs as well that i haven't seen as public a falling out as with those ones.

Unfortunately I think there are many players in the squad who we simply will not be able to get rid of until their contracts expire.

Absolutely no one will buy Jags, Williams, Martina, Baines or any of our players like that. Klaassen would go for a massive loss and you’d probably get what we paid for Sandro. All in all pretty grim.

All the ones you mentioned besides Martina would get a club wiling to take them either on a 'smallish' fee or certainly on loan covering their wages mate. they all have years of experience in this league and the retread British managers simply love a bit of that.
Just look at some of the British dross that moves each summer and you'd see those won't be a problem 'should' we want to get rid of any or all of them.

Klassen IF brands comes in won't be going anywhere, Sandro - who cares he was a cheap punt who didn't work out, shift him on for no loss = nothing lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back