Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say it was an honour, I said it was an indication that his time here wasn't just one very good season.

Let's hope we get at least as far in both domestic cups as we did in RM's third season here.
Yes that’s a key point, there needs to be some clear challenge this year.
Cocu is waiting..

I went massively off him very early in his second season. Specifically the 2-2 v Arsenal when’re we capitulated at 75 mins and 2-0 up.

I was all for him before a ball was kicked.
The beginning of the end for Roberto was the Spurs away game after (I think) Wolfsburg in the EL. Mirallas got us off to a grat start then Everton just collapsed.

Up to that point: end of autumn/beginning of winter 2014 we were a happy ship.

Ultimately two things happened:

1 RM did not adapt
2 We had players who were a) unable to progress and b ) spineless and failed to respond to the first bit of pressure exerted on them.

It was one good season out of three. History can not be rewritten my friend.

Not denying his first season was good.
Ridiculous assertion. The season is more than just the league campaign...which, btw, we started off that season in very good form up to the first 10 games or so. The cup runs were excellent and in another years with a weaker last 4 we'd have won one.

You are the one rewriting history.

I went massively off him very early in his second season. Specifically the 2-2 v Arsenal when’re we capitulated at 75 mins and 2-0 up.

I was all for him before a ball was kicked.
Double kick in balls for me that game we were the late game I done a £15 or £20 score and win treble that paid close £1200 the first 2 came in were winning 2 nil at 84 minutes Arsenal pull one back and my bets in(couldn't cash out done bet by ground) we just have to see game out but Martinez is still going hung Ho are players looked knackered am thinking just put everyone behind the ball leave one up front . Anyway we all know what happened next and I started having doubts about him then just couldn't defend don't know why but panic just to spread through his team when under pressure top teams and managers stand up to pressure .£1200 f@@@@@ pound

Double kick in balls for me that game we were the late game I done a £15 or £20 score and win treble that paid close £1200 the first 2 came in were winning 2 nil at 84 minutes Arsenal pull one back and my bets in(couldn't cash out done bet by ground) we just have to see game out but Martinez is still going hung Ho are players looked knackered am thinking just put everyone behind the ball leave one up front . Anyway we all know what happened next and I started having doubts about him then just couldn't defend don't know why but panic just to spread through his team when under pressure top teams and managers stand up to pressure .£1200 f@@@@@ pound
Sorry don't know what that's got to do with marcel brands

Brands swerved him for Silva.

Hes yet to do anything to suggest hes a good manager.

Clearly Brands was the difference at PSV.
I dont know enough about the situation. I do now that Cocu stopped Ajax in their tracks. Dutch though: you just cant guarantee quality anymore.

I dont know enough about the situation. I do now that Cocu stopped Ajax in their tracks. Dutch though: you just cant guarantee quality anymore.

If he does really well at Derby then maybe at some point im sure he will enter the frame, maybe, but you are only as good as your last job in footy and his last job lasted about 15 days in the Turkish league.

Hes no Vitor Dave, put it that way.

Careful with the swears mate ;)

The beginning of the end for Roberto was the Spurs away game after (I think) Wolfsburg in the EL. Mirallas got us off to a grat start then Everton just collapsed.

Up to that point: end of autumn/beginning of winter 2014 we were a happy ship.

Ultimately two things happened:

1 RM did not adapt
2 We had players who were a) unable to progress and b ) spineless and failed to respond to the first bit of pressure exerted on them.
Yeah good points

Goodish first season in charge...of course, that was with Martinez's players...we should take that into consideration.... :coffee:

God you’re weird , I remember you complaining after about 10 games that he was gash and crying that bobby was conspired against

Ridiculous assertion. The season is more than just the league campaign...which, btw, we started off that season in very good form up to the first 10 games or so. The cup runs were excellent and in another years with a weaker last 4 we'd have won one.

Should have won the FA Cup in his last season.

Lukaku channeled his inner Sean Dundee against United and cost us a final against Palace. Genuinely one of the most awful performances from a striker I have ever seen and I saw Brett Angell on numerous occassions.

Dave, a lot of people don’t care about semi final medal. This club hasn’t not won a trophy since 1995. Which leave us to use league position as a benchmark as to whether a season is ok or not. It’s subjective of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back