Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
God you’re weird , I remember you complaining after about 10 games that he was gash and crying that bobby was conspired against

10 games aren't a season, are they? Dont abuse me because you cant win a debate. It's not my fault you're a bit 'kin thick.

Should have won the FA Cup in his last season.

Lukaku channeled his inner Sean Dundee against United and cost us a final against Palace. Genuinely one of the most awful performances from a striker I have ever seen and I saw Brett Angell on numerous occassions.
Terrible first half. We deserved much better than that from the players. If it went to ET it was won. And the final too. Simple as that. Fine lines...

Dave, a lot of people don’t care about semi final medal. This club hasn’t not won a trophy since 1995. Which leave us to use league position as a benchmark as to whether a season is ok or not. It’s subjective of course.
I dont care about a SF slot either. But that's not the same as saying two of them in a single season doesn't elevate that season - in light of a mid-table league campaign - to one that was good effort.

I'd take a mid-table season this next one if we had two shots at a cup....in a heartbeat.

I dont care about a SF slot either. But that's not the same as saying two of them in a single season doesn't elevate that season - in light of a mid-table league campaign - to one that was good effort.

I'd take a mid-table season this next one if we had two shots at a cup....in a heartbeat.

Sure we have preference of course.

The beginning of the end for Roberto was the Spurs away game after (I think) Wolfsburg in the EL. Mirallas got us off to a grat start then Everton just collapsed.

Up to that point: end of autumn/beginning of winter 2014 we were a happy ship.

Ultimately two things happened:

1 RM did not adapt
2 We had players who were a) unable to progress and b ) spineless and failed to respond to the first bit of pressure exerted on them.
I’d dare say that’s why Bobby is better suited to international management. Flash and flair he’s very good, but the nitty gritty seemingly doesn’t interest him. Seems to struggle to motivate and keep teams on track.

I’d dare say that’s why Bobby is better suited to international management. Flash and flair he’s very good, but the nitty gritty seemingly doesn’t interest him. Seems to struggle to motivate and keep teams on track.

Well, I wont argue too much. He is an excellent international manager. I think also that his recent comments about getting a buzz out of planning the downfall of superior (on paper) teams is revealing. It might suggest he's more suited to guerrilla tactics and counter attacking football when faced with having less than stellar players to choose from.

For those reasons I think he could win stuff with a major club team that has superior players. Put him in an Everton team inherited from Moyes with fairly average talent and it really was a massive overshoot that first season, in hindsight. Season's two and three here (though having some redeeming features to them) were predictable given his mindset on not wanting to adapt and play less pure football.

10 games aren't a season, are they? Dont abuse me because you cant win a debate. It's not my fault you're a bit 'kin thick.

You were bashing koeman from pretty much day 1 Dave. You’re obviously on the wind up because ... well you are. Your now saying he had an ok season ? Mentioning that it was partly down to him having Bobby’s players yet you rave about bobby for a single good season even tho he had Moyes defence lol I don’t know why I’m getting involved as it’s clear you disagree with whatever anyone says no mater what, even if you have even posted something that Contradicts what you have posted previously

Well, I wont argue too much. He is an excellent international manager. I think also that his recent comments about getting a buzz out of planning the downfall of superior (on paper) teams is revealing. It might suggest he's more suited to guerrilla tactics and counter attacking football when faced with having less than stellar players to choose from.

For those reasons I think he could win stuff with a major club team that has superior players. Put him in an Everton team inherited from Moyes with fairly average talent and it really was a massive overshoot that first season, in hindsight. Season's two and three here (though having some redeeming features to them) were predictable given his mindset on not wanting to adapt and play less pure football.

The comments by El Fraudo about planning the downfall of superior teams is laughable if he is relating to the current Belgian team that he has inherited. On paper they are one of the strongest teams in world football . So who exactly is he planning the downfall of , and when exactly has he achieved it ?.

The comments by El Fraudo about planning the downfall of superior teams is laughable if he is relating to the current Belgian team that he has inherited. On paper they are one of the strongest teams in world football . So who exactly is he planning the downfall of , and when exactly has he achieved it ?.

Expect the Brazil game from the World Cup to be brought up here, even though the Belgian team was better on paper.

Brands though lads. Fixing the Ēv.

You were bashing koeman from pretty much day 1 Dave. You’re obviously on the wind up because ... well you are. Your now saying he had an ok season ? Mentioning that it was partly down to him having Bobby’s players yet you rave about bobby for a single good season even tho he had Moyes defence lol I don’t know why I’m getting involved as it’s clear you disagree with whatever anyone says no mater what, even if you have even posted something that Contradicts what you have posted previously
More rewriting of history. Check back: I suported Koemsn's arrival here; I advised others to not knee jerk but to allow him at last the opening season; then I saw what a calamity his signings were followed by his terrible second season start and wanted him shut of.

They're inconvenient facts for you to consider, but you prefer caricature. You're not alone in that like...

Answered in the Martinez thread

More rewriting of history. Check back: I suported Koemsn's arrival here; I advised others to not knee jerk but to allow him at last the opening season; then I saw what a calamity his signings were followed by his terrible second season start and wanted him shut of.

They're inconvenient facts for you to consider, but you prefer caricature. You're not alone in that like...

Dave I remember it clear as day, I remember sticking up for koeman and remember wondering how I couldn’t see hair bad he was about a year later. I remebmber posting a lot saying he needed time and that he was sorting out Bobby’s mess every time you started slagging him off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back