Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime we get good signings like Kean and Delph, Digne and Richarlison before, the patience grows.
What is the side going to look like in 3-4 years with Brands at the helm.

The amount of options Kean now gives us, wow!
To have him centre with Richarlison and whoever else Brands finds, to release out wide/in front, could be very special.
When was the last time we had forwards, just by their presence, that demanded space for their midfielders and fullbacks to play in.
Not since the 80s.
Is Zaha still a realistic option?, bc he'd be perfect for us now.

Brands signings:

Virginia/Lossl
??? ??? Mina Digne
Gomes ??? Delph
Richarlison Kean Bernard
Interesting that were after a RB / CB / CM.

New team / New beginnings ;)
Mina's been a massive disappointment so far
And Bernard lacks whats needed for a goal scoring, pacy, wide forward.
But not every signing goings to be a Digne or Richarlison and you can only buy whats available.

But yeah huge improvement

Coleman's good for another year and JJ may have proved himself worthy with a year at Shalke.

I'd be going hard for selling Walcott (MLS, China?) and getting Zaha or the next best.
And best CBs money can buy over the next few years

.........................Virginia/Lossl................
Coleman...........???.......???.........Digne
........................Delph/???....................
......Sig/Gomes..........Bernard/Delph......
Richarlison........... Kean.............Zaha/?

If we could manage top 6 in next couple of years anything is possible

Everytime we get good signings like Kean and Delph, Digne and Richarlison before, the patience grows.
What is the side going to look like in 3-4 years with Brands at the helm.

The amount of options Kean now gives us, wow!
To have him centre with Richarlison and whoever else Brands finds, to release out wide/in front, could be very special.
When was the last time we had forwards, just by their presence, that demanded space for their midfielders and fullbacks to play in.
Not since the 80s.
Is Zaha still a realistic option?, bc he'd be perfect for us now.
Mina's been a massive disappointment so far
And Bernard lacks whats needed for a goal scoring, pacy, wide forward.
But not every signing goings to be a Digne or Richarlison and you can only buy whats available.

But yeah huge improvement

Coleman's good for another year and JJ may have proved himself worthy with a year at Shalke.

I'd be going hard for selling Walcott (MLS, China?) and getting Zaha or the next best.
And best CBs money can buy over the next few years

.........................Virginia/Lossl................
Coleman...........???.......???.........Digne
........................Delph/???....................
......Sig/Gomes..........Bernard/Delph......
Richarlison........... Kean.............Zaha/?

If we could manage top 6 in next couple of years anything is possible

I like the idea of building a young side to grow together.

I think Mina is going to show his worth this season as last year he adapted but was hampered with injuries.

Digne + Mina + Gomes + Richarlison + Bernard + Kean is a really good squad nucleus of new(ish) signings. If we can target the u25 age bracket and sign a Delph 'older head' each summer then that would be decent i think.

Zaha seems like a 'sensible' option. Someone to add a bit more experience to Richarlison and Kean in the forward line.

Id prefer we went for another player with World class potential like Richarlison / Kean myself. Malcom at 22 is the same age as Richarlison and the 3 of them could grow together nicely.

For me though, id rather any Zaha type fee was spent on a CB with top potential...or a midfielder. Definitely need to improve the spine.

I’d definitely have liked the likes of Pennington, besic, bolasie, mirallas, niasse and tosun to have been moved on by now but there’s still time for that.

The deals we have done do look to be very good value though, especially when compared to other deals of other sides.

Gomes - £22m. incredible value
Delph - £10m. Experienced England international with quality.
Kean - £30m. Fantastic young talent from one of the top clubs in Europe and already an international.

Even the sales have been decent.

Vlasic - £14m. Wasn’t contributing.
Lookman £22m. Wasn’t contributing.
Gueye £30m. Great player. Sad to see him go but decent fee received for someone coming up to 30.
Yank left back. £2m? Wasn’t contributing.

More to come but so far so good.

I don't care how quality he's making our first team squad. I can't stand seeing clips of players we don't play in training on Evertons youtube channel. Marcel you FAILURE.

I like the idea of building a young side to grow together.

I think Mina is going to show his worth this season as last year he adapted but was hampered with injuries.

Digne + Mina + Gomes + Richarlison + Bernard + Kean is a really good squad nucleus of new(ish) signings. If we can target the u25 age bracket and sign a Delph 'older head' each summer then that would be decent i think.

Zaha seems like a 'sensible' option. Someone to add a bit more experience to Richarlison and Kean in the forward line.

Id prefer we went for another player with World class potential like Richarlison / Kean myself. Malcom at 22 is the same age as Richarlison and the 3 of them could grow together nicely.

For me though, id rather any Zaha type fee was spent on a CB with top potential...or a midfielder. Definitely need to improve the spine.
The Zaha fee isn’t sensible when they’re looking for £80m though. I can’t see this one happening now after Everton’s statement.

I’d definitely have liked the likes of Pennington, besic, bolasie, mirallas, niasse and tosun to have been moved on by now but there’s still time for that.

The deals we have done do look to be very good value though, especially when compared to other deals of other sides.

Gomes - £22m. incredible value
Delph - £10m. Experienced England international with quality.
Kean - £30m. Fantastic young talent from one of the top clubs in Europe and already an international.

Even the sales have been decent.

Vlasic - £14m. Wasn’t contributing.
Lookman £22m. Wasn’t contributing.
Gueye £30m. Great player. Sad to see him go but decent fee received for someone coming up to 30.
Yank left back. £2m? Wasn’t contributing.

More to come but so far so good.

The 'ins' have all been ridiculously good value.

For the outs, lots of people complaining we havent punted more but we dont need to sell during our window of course.

The Zaha fee isn’t sensible when they’re looking for £80m though. I can’t see this one happening now after Everton’s statement.

Im just trying to rationalise the insanity of it all.

Malcom was rated insanely highly by whoscored before he went to Barca, had a rating of 7.5 or something like that. Then of course the tussle with Barca and Roma....Zaha hasnt got anyone fighting for him...just us and Arsenal.throwing a bid in each.

Would much rather Malcom myself.

I don't care how quality he's making our first team squad. I can't stand seeing clips of players we don't play in training on Evertons youtube channel. Marcel you FAILURE.

Don't agre Friend think we have the best fixer in the PL. If you think not then who is better?

But for fairness :

Which would you pick, the 1 season wonder in a farmers league?

Malccc.webp

Or the Premier League BALLER.

zaha.webp

You make it so easy @Zatara

But for fairness :

Which would you pick, the 1 season wonder in a farmers league?

View attachment 63764

Or the Premier League BALLER.

View attachment 63765

You make it so easy @Zatara

Thanks for that, Malcom got more goals in his last season in france (and he improved every year) than Zaha ever has.

Funnily enough if you compare their mins and goals/assists this season theyre quite comparable in effectiveness.

You prefer £60-80mil for Zaha than £40mil for Malcom...

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back