Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree.

I've said a couple of times, this may not be the right place to discuss it because I really don't mean to suggest that there's any issue with Brands' work. I was just thinking out loud really, that I do find it fairly surprising that some of our players seem unwanted elsewhere. Obviously there must be reasons for it, maybe I'm just somehow overrating them in a bizarre way, but I would honestly expect the likes of McCarthy, Bolasie, Besic, Tosun to be fairly desirable for certain clubs.

In fairness, I'm still half expecting a top-half Bundesliga team to pay ~15m for Tosun (which we may decide to take and run come deadline day), but considering Bolasie stunk the place out at Villa in the Championship, and hardly covered himself in glory at Anderlecht (where their average player earns 10k p/w), I think it'd be easier to push water uphill than find a suitor for him.

I don't disagree.

I've said a couple of times, this may not be the right place to discuss it because I really don't mean to suggest that there's any issue with Brands' work. I was just thinking out loud really, that I do find it fairly surprising that some of our players seem unwanted elsewhere. Obviously there must be reasons for it, maybe I'm just somehow overrating them in a bizarre way, but I would honestly expect the likes of McCarthy, Bolasie, Besic, Tosun to be fairly desirable for certain clubs.

What if these players don’t want to play for the clubs that might be interested in them? Or won’t accept the wages they are offering?

I like Bernard, but he just has no threat.

As the team develops we could see Bernard dropping deeper. I think he's technically good enough to play in one of the more advanced positions in a narrow midfield 3 behind the front 3, then the space on the left of the front three could be occupied by someone with a more natural goal threat. This would depend on us improving as a team though and dominating the ball during games.

What if these players don’t want to play for the clubs that might be interested in them? Or won’t accept the wages they are offering?
Yes, those are perfectly plausible possibilities, but are probably covered in my 'obviously there must be reasons' I would have thought. Perhaps you just replied without reading like most people have today.

As the team develops we could see Bernard dropping deeper. I think he's technically good enough to play in one of the more advanced positions in a narrow midfield 3 behind the front 3, then the space on the left of the front three could be occupied by someone with a more natural goal threat. This would depend on us improving as a team though and dominating the ball during games.

Unsure about the source's veracity, but could improve our link-play through the middle and in tight spaces if true..

I don't disagree.

I am sure they are desirable at the right price! If I was a European team looking at buying any of those players from Everton, waiting is a sensible strategy.
Once the premier league window “slams shut” there is no competition from PL clubs and we are more desperate to get them off the books.

His threat is being able to make others more of a threat.

He's basically a Brazilian Pienaar.

I think this has to be his way into any Everton team if we sign Zaha and then Richarlison is played where he always should be wide left.

He has great feet and link up play. As part of a front three? No, nay, never.

If true, it’s about time people started doing starting 11s that didn’t have Siggurdson shoehorned in at any expense.
Agree.
But that doesn't mean Sig doesn't have a massive part to play.
Could see him coming on in a lot of games from the 65 as it opens up.
To get to the stage where Sig comes on as an impact player..well its been a long time since we have that quality coming on.

Brands is the man! There was a slight panic that again we have left it late but the majority of clubs seem to be doing. Theres still 3 big players to come in I feel. It's going to be an exciting week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back