Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the cb shout ... i think we were very advanced with zouma until luiz last minute bailed .. then we got told pay mad money for rojo or bounce

id rather bounce hes a liability

Pffft! What excuse do I have to reach for exactly?

I see a window where we had a net spend of about £40M and ended up with a weakened defence, no massive upgrade out wide in attack, and a CM that's still questionable as to how it'll survive the loss of Gueye.

That's what most see, tbf.

Brands had a 'kin mare.

LOL

If you think the defence was weakened by losing Ashley Williams and Jags, thats up to you, Jags would have been great to retain, but just imagine if that happened, im sure you would have seen that as a positive?

We have replaced Lookman with Iwobi, a player that never played to 1 with massive premier league experience, for me thats an upgrade.

In midfield we signed Gomes, Delph and the boy Gbamin who looks very much like he can play, Gana was just a little dwarf tackle merchant, OH NO, WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT TACKLES.

I notice you totally glossed over the French world cup winning Right back and also the best 19 year old in world football, but hey ho, you have an agenda, so nevermind.

If other people see what you see, they need to question what they see.

I suspect its going to be quite tiresome this season, every goal we concede "OMG WE MISS GANA", "OMG WE NEED ANOTHER CB", very, very tiresome indeed.

But none of that matters to me, im just gonna enjoy the footy and marvel at the team that Marcel Brands built, meanwhile, feel free to read Chelsea forums and monitor how many mistakes a week Zouma makes.

LOL

If you think the defence was weakened by losing Ashley Williams and Jags, thats up to you, Jags would have been great to retain, but just imagine if that happened, im sure you would have seen that as a positive?

We have replaced Lookman with Iwobi, a player that never played to 1 with massive premier league experience, for me thats an upgrade.

In midfield we signed Gomes, Delph and the boy Gbamin who looks very much like he can play, Gana was just a little dwarf tackle merchant, OH NO, WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT TACKLES.

I notice you totally glossed over the French world cup winning Right back and also the best 19 year old in world football, but hey ho, you have an agenda, so nevermind.

I suspect its going to be quite tiresome this season, every goal we concede "OMG WE MISS GANA", "OMG WE NEED ANOTHER CB", very, very tiresome indeed.

But none of that matters to me, im just gonna enjoy the footy and marvel at the team that Marcel Brands built, meanwhile, feel free to read Chelsea forums and monitor how many mistakes a week Zouma makes.
I'm also looking forward to the shouts of " OMG WE WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME WITH ZAHA!", and "ZAHA WOULD HAVE BURIED THAT!"

LOL

I assessed units in the team, you cherry pick the odd highlight in the transfer window. Kean is the pick of what came in, and we cant expect him to start firing 20 goals this season. The rest were either here anyway (Gomes), are complete unknowns (Gbamin) or basic stand still signings like Iwobi and Delph.

That defence is going to be obliterated this season unless Mina is a player who really we haven't seen.

I expect an 8th place finish and no more.

As said, the cult of Brands is dead.

I assessed units in the team, you cherry pick the odd highlight in the transfer window. Kean is the pick of what came in, and we cant expect him to start firing 20 goals this season. The rest were either here anyway (Gomes), are complete unknowns (Gbamin) or basic stand still signings like Iwobi and Delph.

That defence is going to be obliterated this season unless Mina is a player who really we haven't seen.

Brands missed on one position - center back. The rest is silly.

LOL

Mad to think Gana is a useless dwarf. We will be weaken in midfield without him no matter how you look at it. Clutching at straw trying to play counter Attack without the ability to win the ball back.

Our squad now may actually have more upside than the one we had last year. The problem is we are missing another CB with pace and it may take time. As Brands says you don't bring him in for quick fixes.

Gomes wasnt here, he had to be bought.

Anyway, enjoy the season Dave, I know I will.

We will challenge the top.

Mad to think Gana is a useless dwarf. We will be weaken in midfield without him no matter how you look at it. Clutching at straw trying to play counter Attack without the ability to win the ball back.

I dont know how im going to cope with us not having 2 DMs who sit and mop up when we are playing Burnley at home.

Very good job by Brands, with just the one cb position left weak for the reasons stated. They had to wait until Zouma or Chelsea had decided before launching a big bid for someone else, assuming another top cb was available. I am very satisfied and can't wait to get to Goodison.

Brands missed on one position - center back. The rest is silly.
It's not just that position. We needed a big upgrade out wide - we didn't get it, just another no end product winger. That leaves us again looking elsewhere for goals...to a 19 year old newcomer to England, in fact. The midfield I'll leave aside for now, because we really dont know the calibre of Gbamin.

It has not been a transfer window where most can say "that's a strengthened first team squad". Not with Zouma and Gueye's departures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back