Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had a more successful career than I have to be fair. Probably more successful than the majority on here.

Without a doubt, and doing something he probably loves as hobby ever since a child... Some would say that's living a dream being able to fund a family life or whatever through the passion of football.

Very good job by Brands, with just the one cb position left weak for the reasons stated. They had to wait until Zouma or Chelsea had decided before launching a big bid for someone else, assuming another top cb was available. I am very satisfied and can't wait to get to Goodison.

No, they didn't. A line in the sand could and should have been drawn a couple of weeks from the window's end on Zouma. Look at how Chelsea were fixed on bringing players in. Everyone could see they were not budging.

Did we? I thought we had the best spell of the season when Gana is at top form towards the end of the season.
Zouma and Gueye were our blanket that snuffed out any fire before it got into the box. We will struggle to get that type of coverage this season.

It's not just that position. We needed a big upgrade out wide - we didn't get it, just another no end product winger. That leaves us again looking elsewhere for goals...to a 19 year old newcomer to England, in fact. The midfield I'll leave aside for now, because we really dont know the calibre of Gbamin.

It has not been a transfer window where most can say "that's a strengthened first team squad". Not with Zouma and Gueye's departures.

Well we havnt even played a game yet, but looking at the transfer summary in the paper, Ins and Outs, it looks a far better squad. Granted, on, or rather in the, paper.

6 players who will contribute, plus the new keeper who probably wont, IN

16 ish OUT. One of which contributed last season.

Ok, Silva might have to juggle some bodies at the back, kinda in the Job Spec really.

LOL

If you think the defence was weakened by losing Ashley Williams and Jags, thats up to you, Jags would have been great to retain, but just imagine if that happened, im sure you would have seen that as a positive?

We have replaced Lookman with Iwobi, a player that never played to 1 with massive premier league experience, for me thats an upgrade.

In midfield we signed Gomes, Delph and the boy Gbamin who looks very much like he can play, Gana was just a little dwarf tackle merchant, OH NO, WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT TACKLES.

I notice you totally glossed over the French world cup winning Right back and also the best 19 year old in world football, but hey ho, you have an agenda, so nevermind.

If other people see what you see, they need to question what they see.

I suspect its going to be quite tiresome this season, every goal we concede "OMG WE MISS GANA", "OMG WE NEED ANOTHER CB", very, very tiresome indeed.

But none of that matters to me, im just gonna enjoy the footy and marvel at the team that Marcel Brands built, meanwhile, feel free to read Chelsea forums and monitor how many mistakes a week Zouma makes.

all the chelsea pre season games i seen zouma was dung

Our squad now may actually have more upside than the one we had last year. The problem is we are missing another CB with pace and it may take time. As Brands says you don't bring him in for quick fixes.
Brands had 12 months to identify a centre half that's his job, he's supposed to have contacts/scouts all over Europe and South America but we only seemed to be looking at home based defenders

Lots of unproven player at the moment and there are no certainty all of them will perform well. Like I say Brands reputation is at stake and it’s too early to tell at the moment.

Well we havnt even played a game yet, but looking at the transfer summary in the paper, Ins and Outs, it looks a far better squad. Granted, on, or rather in the, paper.

6 players who will contribute, plus the new keeper who probably wont, IN

16 ish OUT. One of which contributed last season.

Ok, Silva might have to juggle some bodies at the back, kinda in the Job Spec really.
The manager is the one who works with them and he defo doesn't sound like he felt we had a good window.

The defence is a midden.

I FULLY expect a free transfer in the next week to ten days, btw...that's how glaring the balls up over CB was.

The CB situation was a massive mistake by the club this summer window gone - injurys in that dept between now Jan will undo all the good work done by brands.
Likewise, if we get to Jan unscathed and sign who we really want, it will look like a masterstroke.

Brands had 12 months to identify a centre half that's his job, he's supposed to have contacts/scouts all over Europe and South America but we only seemed to be looking at home based defenders
Yeah must admit that surprised me. They couldn't get Zouma so were looking only at other CB options from the EPL when there's no value in that market. We lack pace and depth at CB now.

No, they didn't. A line in the sand could and should have been drawn a couple of weeks from the window's end on Zouma. Look at how Chelsea were fixed on bringing players in. Everyone could see they were not budging.
I could not agree less with you. It is ludicrous to suggest that Everyone could see they were not budging. What a silly thing to say. Talk about the wisdom of hindsight. If the door had been slammed shut by us a couple of weeks before, what would that say to Zouma. Bye Bye son sorry. You are not in the real world on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back