Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep how hard is it to get a CB from abroad?

Rugani
Llorente

To name just two who were available - add in Smalling who for a nominal fee wouldn't have been a disaster as back up.

Left us massively vulnerable there which is baffling when we were throwing £37 million bids in for another midfielder which we really didn't need.
It's what happens when you have a man who says he is fully prepared for the opening of the window and then goes back to his default position of acting in the last few days of a window...well it caught him out big time here.

The feller showed how much he has to learn about being a DoF in this country. Made to look a complete chump by Palace and Chelsea...and Arsenal for that matter with the price paid for Iwobi.

They had a transfer ban...of course it was foreseeable.

Until Luiz went, they were well stocked at Centre Back.

But while we are all talking options at the back, am I having a senior moment recalling Morgs playing there for United at some point?

Not ideal, granted, but a body at least.

It smacked of being lazy to me mate they went domestic thinking they could get a quick fix - they should have have had other players on the list outside of the UK for a 12 month loan.

Agreed, was the only real disappointment of the window for me, far worse than the Zaha thing!

But while we are all talking options at the back, am I having a senior moment recalling Morgs playing there for United at some point?

Silva will have to experiment. Gbamin possibly tried out too.

I still expect a free transfer in, though.

It's what happens when you have a man who says he is fully prepared for the opening of the window and then goes back to his default position of acting in the last few days of a window...well it caught him out big time here.

The feller showed how much he has to learn about being a DoF in this country. Made to look a complete chump by Palace and Chelsea...and Arsenal for that matter with the price paid for Iwobi.

And yet you wanted him to spend the best part of £150m on Zaha

Strange that

And the fact you're having to even suggest that tells you we had a pretty poor transfer window.

We've had a gap in one position every season since I have followed this club. We never do the whole job. In the last few years especially. Martinez often had terrible squad backups, some on his recommendations.. Striker and midfield was an issue with Moyes. Two years ago left back was the issue, last season striker, this year it's centre back. The more things change the more they stay the samee.

And the fact you're having to even suggest that tells you we had a pretty poor transfer window.

More of a musing Tubes. It just popped into my head.

Dont think it was poor when you look at the whole thing, just not perfect. You never know, Mina and Keane might stay fit for months and look dead good, the new midfield clicks, and chance after chance rains into the box. But DCL and Kean (?) are both injured in the first match and Walcott puts them all in the stands.

More of a musing Tubes. It just popped into my head.

Dont think it was poor when you look at the whole thing, just not perfect. You never know, Mina and Keane might stay fit for months and look dead good, the new midfield clicks, and chance after chance rains into the box. But DCL and Kean (?) are both injured in the first match and Walcott puts them all in the stands.

Poor was the wrong word really. 6/10 or "mediocre" would be better.

I really do understand Evertonians looking at it "glass half full" but it still bemuses me.

To be honest I wasn’t completely sold on Zouma, he looked ropey for a long stretch of the season, the entire defense did to be fair, but they improved as a unit.

By all accounts he’s looked dodgy in preseason. Chelsea have made a mistake letting Luis go and it might not go very well for them at the back this season.

I would have liked us to go for someone with a good footballers brain rather than another combative type. I think that’s key at the top end of the league.

screenshot_20190730-222927_instagram-jpg.63839

....oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back