Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant wait to find out what that Dutch coke head from last week has to say next.

That Quim fella.

Let me ask you, who in the past has sang Brands' praises in football?

He is a con man who rode his luck and mugged Moshiri off. The daft carpetbagger has struck again with another BS decision.

He is a con man who rode his luck and mugged Moshiri off. The daft carpetbagger has struck again with another BS decision.

Its a squad build in progress.

Coupled with having players like Niasse, Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas to name a few draining 500k+ in wages from the club, hes not doing badly.

Meanwhile the fella with the big watch on the touchline would struggle to motivate a cow of a railway line.

Its a squad build in progress.

Coupled with having players like Niasse, Sandro, Bolasie, Mirallas to name a few draining 500k+ in wages from the club, hes not doing badly.

Meanwhile the fella with the big watch on the touchline would struggle to motivate a cow of a railway line.
lol

Any fan or staff member at AZ and PSV, any player Brands has signed, namely Lozano who many wanted here, Mertens and Wijnaldum

It is always difficult to consider player purchases. The outcome: success or failure, depends on a number of factors. Richarlison e.g. scored 13 goals for us in the series last year, and most of those games he played as a winger. He is a Brazilian national team player and is still only 22 years old. I would say he is an upgrade from Bolasie and Walcott.

Digne may have been our best player, and was one of the better left backs in the league last year. He has been an excellent replacement for Baines.

Mina was mostly injured all last season, but this season he has been among our best players. He is definitely a better player than Mori and Williams.

Bernard has been inconsistent and I am unsure if he will succeed in the PL. At the same time, he has been one of our better offensive players this season. He's a fine player to have in a squad, but not on the first team. He is not a hopeless trade, but he is an expensive player to have in the squad.

Gomes is arguably the midfielder with the highest potential and the best skills. He is a definite upgrade.

Delph is not an upgrade from Ghana, but he is an upgrade from JM and MS.

Gbamin is far too early to consider. He probably won't be an upgrade from Ghana, but getting a player with the same level was unrealistic. Ghana is one of Europe's best ball winners, and when he wanted to leave there was little we could do to keep him.

Kean is also too early to consider. He is probably bought for a longer perspective. At the same time, anyone who has been watching international football for a while is aware of his qualities. He is one of Europe's most exciting players. I consider it a bargain.

I am skeptical about the purchase of Iwobi. He could be excellent during periods at Arsenal, and then he could be completely absent. At the same time, we must give him more time, and there is a potential there.

Overall, I think we have bought far better players than we have sold, or got rid of. Ghana is the one that stands out negatively. At the same time, I'm not sure if it was wise to sell Vlasic and Lookman. We also cannot buy from the top shelf, but must gradually build up the team. I think Brands' success rate has been pretty good, and it's been smart investments.

Everything about this season has been crap.

Pre season got hammered every game and couldn't score a goal.

We lost our best player Idrissa Gueye and couldn’t secure Kurt Zouma, Silva lost his long term assistant manager. DCL gets 9 shirt no big signing or quality centre forward or centre half.

Season starts we are absolutely pants as usual losing every game away and mixed bag at home. Get shafted by the new VAR system on multiple occasions. Things start to look up as Gomes returns to the side next thing he’s out for season with a horror injury.

Only positive is beating a number of heavily rotated sides in the league cup :pint2:

The concern is he has gone into hiding.

I want our DOF to show strength in these tough times and make big calls - not keep a manager out of his depth and claiming "bad luck" is why we are 17th in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back