Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha is utter garbo, even if the theory that him being on the pitch makes teams think twice. Well the same applies to Richarlison, Bernard, Gylfi Fraudusson and Iwobi. Because all of them have the ability to cause havoc. The issue is that when they do there is nobody in support because tactics ensure our 3 midfielders are 50 yards behind the ball

and if anybody would condone paying £80M+ for a person who has no end contribution then again, football isn’t for you
I’m not going to go for what prices we may have went up to. But he would of improved us
Zaha is utter garbo, even if the theory that him being on the pitch makes teams think twice. Well the same applies to Richarlison, Bernard, Gylfi Fraudusson and Iwobi. Because all of them have the ability to cause havoc. The issue is that when they do there is nobody in support because tactics ensure our 3 midfielders are 50 yards behind the ball

and if anybody would condone paying £80M+ for a person who has no end contribution then again, football isn’t for you
im not going to get into what price we may or may not of paid. However he would of made a difference Sigurdsson and Richarlison got 3 goals more than him last season and we are suppose to bet a better team. No I wouldn’t pay 80 million but in a year or 2 that will get you players like Richarlison the way money is going.

I’m not going to go for what prices we may have went up to. But he would of improved us

im not going to get into what price we may or may not of paid. However he would of made a difference Sigurdsson and Richarlison got 3 goals more than him last season and we are suppose to bet a better team. No I wouldn’t pay 80 million but in a year or 2 that will get you players like Richarlison the way money is going.

Unfortunately the price determines a lot though, because for his quoted price you could have 3 or 4 more technically gifted players from Europe or South America.

Zaha is one of the most overrated players in the league, technically inept as to the basics of the game. He’d rather try and beat 4 people than play the easy ball, it’s why he’s 27 and still plying his trade a no mark club

Unfortunately the price determines a lot though, because for his quoted price you could have 3 or 4 more technically gifted players from Europe or South America.

Zaha is one of the most overrated players in the league, technically inept as to the basics of the game. He’d rather try and beat 4 people than play the easy ball, it’s why he’s 27 and still plying his trade a no mark club
I completely agree with you, which is why I am a little bit concerned that our director of football sanctioned a £56m bid for him. I can't say that it fills me with confidence about our future dealings.

I just don’t get then why scouts, brands and silva wanted him then and didn’t get someone else for cheaper.

So he is a good player haha.

So he is a high profile player that Arsenal were interested in, and so (I’m guessing) he wanted to have some bragging rights over his old investment (Arsenal).

Zaha... not exactly set the world alight this season has he? I think we swerved a huge waste of money.

So he is a high profile player that Arsenal were interested in, and so (I’m guessing) he wanted to have some bragging rights over his old investment (Arsenal).

Zaha... not exactly set the world alight this season has he? I think we swerved a huge waste of money.
Zaha is much better than Iwobi

I would hope brands would have final say tho it’s his job to recruit the right players. No he hasn’t but could be pissed he didn’t get his move or not has motivated. I do believe he would of done alright for us, however that boat has sailed now.

I would hope brands would have final say tho it’s his job to recruit the right players. No he hasn’t but could be pissed he didn’t get his move or not has motivated. I do believe he would of done alright for us, however that boat has sailed now.

so at work if your boss suggests something you’re not more likely to go ahead with it?

come on mate -it’s a fair real world dynamic which works from Prime Minister down to street sweeper.

Zaha is much better than Iwobi

Zaha - 2 assists in 12
Iwobi - 2 goals and 1 assist in 12

there’s not 50 million pounds worth of difference, that’s for sure.

Cue people saying you can’t compare as different teams playing different styles... the same people who quoted Zaha’s stats over the summer as the reason to buy him.

... and yes I get the irony, as I said over the summer you shouldn’t look at his stats. It’s implied I’m using pro-Zaha fans’ methods to show how ridiculous they were being over the summer.

so at work if your boss suggests something you’re not more likely to go ahead with it?

come on mate -it’s a fair real world dynamic which works from Prime Minister down to street sweeper.
I under where you coming from, but I’m a manager myself and when a senior manager asks me to do something I don’t believe benefits the business I will voice my opinion, and yes it’s not all the time but they change there mind because they value my opinion and experience. I hope brands does this because Moshiri doesn’t know football like brands does. All leaders have advisors even the prime minister you can’t know everything especially what your don’t specify in like Moshiri with football.

To be fair if my boss suggested I do something which I really didn't think was a good idea then I would say no, and basically say do you want me to do this job or not? If I thought it was a decent if not perfect idea then yes I might be more inclined to go along with it. We'd have to assume that Brands was at least relatively happy for us to sign Zaha. Either that or he's completely spineless and willing to be overruled on fundamental principles of his job by his boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back