Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not landing Zaha was the big mistake , clearly there was a lot depending on that coming in , and Iwobi is a good player but he’s not a match winner that terrifies opposition.

No doubt about it we would be in a better league position had we signed him

Fraud.

Couldn’t shift Martina, Schneiderlin and Niasse or bring in a proven striker or centre back replacement for Zouma or Jags

Fraud.

Couldn’t shift Martina, Schneiderlin and Niasse or bring in a proven striker or centre back replacement for Zouma or Jags
In law, fraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right. Fraud can violate civil law (i.e., a fraud victim may sue the fraud perpetrator to avoid the fraud or recover monetary compensation), a criminal law (i.e., a fraud perpetrator may be prosecuted and imprisoned by governmental authorities), or it may cause no loss of money, property or legal right but still be an element of another civil or criminal wrong.

MARCEL BRANDS told Farhad Moshiri he was not the right man for the job if Everton’s billionaire backer just wanted a quick fix.

“When I spoke with him (Moshiri) before I came in, I told him that if you want success next year don’t look for me because I cannot bring that.
You saw in the past in the Premier League that if you only spend money, that is not the guarantee for success.
You see the clubs with the long-term strategy. They are in a stable situation. Look at Tottenham, look at Manchester City.
I think that it is important for Everton to get to a stable situation. With all the changes, it is always difficult for everyone.”

So not a fraud, if you expected a perfect squad in just over 12months, thats on you.

In law, fraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right. Fraud can violate civil law (i.e., a fraud victim may sue the fraud perpetrator to avoid the fraud or recover monetary compensation), a criminal law (i.e., a fraud perpetrator may be prosecuted and imprisoned by governmental authorities), or it may cause no loss of money, property or legal right but still be an element of another civil or criminal wrong.

MARCEL BRANDS told Farhad Moshiri he was not the right man for the job if Everton’s billionaire backer just wanted a quick fix.

“When I spoke with him (Moshiri) before I came in, I told him that if you want success next year don’t look for me because I cannot bring that.
You saw in the past in the Premier League that if you only spend money, that is not the guarantee for success.
You see the clubs with the long-term strategy. They are in a stable situation. Look at Tottenham, look at Manchester City.
I think that it is important for Everton to get to a stable situation. With all the changes, it is always difficult for everyone.”

So not a fraud, if you expected a perfect squad in just over 12months, thats on you.

He’s deprived Evertonians all over the globe for the ability to enjoy football. I know it’s not a quick fix, but not addressing 2 key positions despite plenty of time to do so has put the “project” back another 6-12 months at least. More if we are doomed by January.

Think people need to have a balance here he's either a fraud or he's great on here

He's been a bit of both really hasn't he?

Think the deals he's done he's done well but it's the ones he hasn't done that's concerning

No quick fix indeed, but there's not excuse for going after zouma for 3 months despite being told he's not for sale and not having a plan B, the zaha thing was a bit of a mess as well ( I think he's boss ) But kind of understand why he didn't wanna pay what they wanted, however he no one else backed up ( if we are to believe iwobi was wanted anyway)

Brands doesn't pick the team or send the players out or make crap subs re-actively. He has bought players better than 17th, it's all on Silva, Brands can take a hit for leaving us short but what he bought was better than what we are seeing under Silva.

Not landing Zaha was the big mistake , clearly there was a lot depending on that coming in , and Iwobi is a good player but he’s not a match winner that terrifies opposition.

No doubt about it we would be in a better league position had we signed him
Yeah most likely. Had this debate with my brother and dad on the way back from the spurs game. Zaha just being on the pitch makes teams think twice because he is unpredictable. I think brands had done a good job on the players he has brought in. We just needed a few more in but it will take time and brands did say he ain’t a quick fixer.

Yeah most likely. Had this debate with my brother and dad on the way back from the spurs game. Zaha just being on the pitch makes teams think twice because he is unpredictable. I think brands had done a good job on the players he has brought in. We just needed a few more in but it will take time and brands did say he ain’t a quick fixer.

Brands 8 years at PSV absolutely transformed that club, they had to realise they couldn't compete with Ajax in terms of commercial revenue, wages offered or scouting and recruitment within the Netherlands and certain other countries and refocus on finding gems outside of that area, refining them and reinvesting the profit in taking the squad to the next level. But he isn't God and makes mistakes also.

This is his chance to see if his methods hold water in one of the biggest leagues in the world, 12 months is a bit early to be making a call for me.

I still rate him highly, however.

Zaha is utter garbo, even if the theory that him being on the pitch makes teams think twice. Well the same applies to Richarlison, Bernard, Gylfi Fraudusson and Iwobi. Because all of them have the ability to cause havoc. The issue is that when they do there is nobody in support because tactics ensure our 3 midfielders are 50 yards behind the ball

and if anybody would condone paying £80M+ for a person who has no end contribution then again, football isn’t for you

Think people need to have a balance here he's either a fraud or he's great on here

He's been a bit of both really hasn't he?

Think the deals he's done he's done well but it's the ones he hasn't done that's concerning

No quick fix indeed, but there's not excuse for going after zouma for 3 months despite being told he's not for sale and not having a plan B, the zaha thing was a bit of a mess as well ( I think he's boss ) But kind of understand why he didn't wanna pay what they wanted, however he no one else backed up ( if we are to believe iwobi was wanted anyway)
Whether or not Iwobi was wanted anyway he's still a great buy if used properly.

Brands 8 years at PSV absolutely transformed that club, they had to realise they couldn't compete with Ajax in terms of commercial revenue, wages offered or scouting and recruitment within the Netherlands and certain other countries and refocus on finding gems outside of that area, refining them and reinvesting the profit in taking the squad to the next level. But he isn't God and makes mistakes also.

This is his chance to see if his methods hold water in one of the biggest leagues in the world, 12 months is a bit early to be making a call for me.

I still rate him highly, however.
Yeah I do think he will prove his worth in a year or two. Big challenge for him in this league but he has got the resources to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back