Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with you, which is why I am a little bit concerned that our director of football sanctioned a £56m bid for him. I can't say that it fills me with confidence about our future dealings.

yeah I tend to agree with that aspect, surely other options were available. Especially after Zaha doesn’t have an output, just his Paolo Wanchope uncertainty on the ball, defenders not knowing what he’s trying to do and neither does he

I just don’t get then why scouts, brands and silva wanted him then and didn’t get someone else for cheaper.

maybe silva wanted him, maybe they both agreed that he’d be the one that would help us. I’m a fan who sees Zaha and don’t rate him, the same with Bolasie. They’re much the same on the pitch, with Zaha being slightly more technical but nowhere near the level of a £70m+ player and nowhere near the level that would take us to the next step

maybe silva wanted him, maybe they both agreed that he’d be the one that would help us. I’m a fan who sees Zaha and don’t rate him, the same with Bolasie. They’re much the same on the pitch, with Zaha being slightly more technical but nowhere near the level of a £70m+ player and nowhere near the level that would take us to the next step
Either way it seems we only had him As main target for the forward area. Iwobi was always wanted regardless of zaha. And kean is the potential. We don’t know what targets we may of had but If zaha was to much then, Should of went for a European or South American players for less. I can see where they going trying to mix league experience and other players abroad.

To be fair if my boss suggested I do something which I really didn't think was a good idea then I would say no, and basically say do you want me to do this job or not? If I thought it was a decent if not perfect idea then yes I might be more inclined to go along with it. We'd have to assume that Brands was at least relatively happy for us to sign Zaha. Either that or he's completely spineless and willing to be overruled on fundamental principles of his job by his boss.

If your boss said it really want this deal, the company I used to belong to want it and I want to stick it to them, i would personally say something along the lines of ‘there are way better deals out there, but I can understand your perspective - and it’s not a bad deal, just there are far better deals out there’. You’d do the deal, right? It’s not something you fundamentally disagree with, but you don’t think it’s the prime deal out there.

This exact thing has happened to me at work. It’s not a bad deal, it’s just a middle of the road deal that the boss is really keen to do to deprive the competition of.

It’s all hypothetical obviously, but this scenario is something that I’m at ease with for explaining the whole Zaha thing this summer.

If your boss said it really want this deal, the company I used to belong to want it and I want to stick it to them, i would personally say something along the lines of ‘there are way better deals out there, but I can understand your perspective - and it’s not a bad deal, just there are far better deals out there’. You’d do the deal, right? It’s not something you fundamentally disagree with, but you don’t think it’s the prime deal out there.

This exact thing has happened to me at work. It’s not a bad deal, it’s just a middle of the road deal that the boss is really keen to do to deprive the competition of.

It’s all hypothetical obviously, but this scenario is something that I’m at ease with for explaining the whole Zaha thing this summer.
I've just answered that really? In this scenario Brands would still need to think Zaha was a good player in order to be willing to sign it off. That's all @Dougie had said, that Brands evidently thought he was a good player, but you appeared to be disputing that by saying it was Moshiri's idea. He didn't mention there not being any better options, just that Brands clearly thought he was good.

Zaha is utter garbo, even if the theory that him being on the pitch makes teams think twice. Well the same applies to Richarlison, Bernard, Gylfi Fraudusson and Iwobi. Because all of them have the ability to cause havoc. The issue is that when they do there is nobody in support because tactics ensure our 3 midfielders are 50 yards behind the ball

and if anybody would condone paying £80M+ for a person who has no end contribution then again, football isn’t for you

Stopped in my tracks then...until i noticed 'fraudsson', please carry on.

Zaha is much better than Iwobi

Zaha is a CF or a winger....Iwobi is better at 10.

They could play together.

Zaha - 2 assists in 12
Iwobi - 2 goals and 1 assist in 12

there’s not 50 million pounds worth of difference, that’s for sure.

Cue people saying you can’t compare as different teams playing different styles... the same people who quoted Zaha’s stats over the summer as the reason to buy him.

... and yes I get the irony, as I said over the summer you shouldn’t look at his stats. It’s implied I’m using pro-Zaha fans’ methods to show how ridiculous they were being over the summer.

Im not a Zaha fan whatsoever but i wonder if we may go back in for him in Jan...his value cant have gone up. Doucoure also...

I've just answered that really? In this scenario Brands would still need to think Zaha was a good player in order to be willing to sign it off. That's all @Dougie had said, that Brands evidently thought he was a good player, but you appeared to be disputing that by saying it was Moshiri's idea. He didn't mention there not being any better options, just that Brands clearly thought he was good.

apologies, I may not have been clear. I’m trying to illustrate that I think that (if it’s true we were in for him) moshiri was the one driving to get that deal after the first rejection. I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks Zaha is turbo plop, I do think many thought that 50m plus was steep for him.

Stopped in my tracks then...until i noticed 'fraudsson', please carry on.

Zaha is a CF or a winger....Iwobi is better at 10.

They could play together.

Im not a Zaha fan whatsoever but i wonder if we may go back in for him in Jan...his value cant have gone up. Doucoure also...

I mean if we do go back and they say 50m we can tell them to shove it because he’s got 6 months less on his contract and he’s not really set the world alight this season.

The Zaha pursuit was utter madness, and it massively shook my faith in Brands.

The fact that a director of football is sanctioning record-breaking deals for average Premier League players - especially after Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford and Bolasie - just goes to show that very little has changed. There's something deeply, deeply wrong at this club.

this squad he has assembled is relegation fodder.

without another Allardyce / firefighter appointment we will be playing in the championship next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back