Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
....generally speaking, I think our best players are the ones he’s brought in.

Criticism of the CB position is reasonable. although I think he was certain Tomori was on his way until Chelsea lost Villa on Deadline Day. Let’s not forget it was him who recognised the lack of athleticism in defence and brought Zouma in.

The main disappointment is the failure of Kean to fill the striker void. Kean is the questionable acquisition, I’m thankfull he only cost £20m (less than Bolasie and Klaassen) and still has time to turn his performances around.

....generally speaking, I think our best players are the ones he’s brought in.

Criticism of the CB position is reasonable. although I think he was certain Tomori was on his way until Chelsea lost Villa on Deadline Day. Let’s not forget it was him who recognised the lack of athleticism in defence and brought Zouma in.

The main disappointment is the failure of Kean to fill the striker void. Kean is the questionable acquisition, I’m thankfull he only cost £20m (less than Bolasie and Klaassen) and still has time to turn his performances around.
I don’t think Kean has been a failure, for me has hasn’t been played enough to be considered that. I think he was obviously a prospect that was available and we couldn’t turn down so we quite rightly went for him. However we surely knew a young player no matter how highly though of wasn’t going to be scoring the amount of goals we needed so we probably should’ve signed a senior striker too.

But yeah, all in all Brands have signed the better players and also a profile of player we haven’t seen in some time. Just a shame they keep getting injured!

the dutch league is basically the under 13 European league

for abit of context STEVE MACLAREN won their league..

should we go hire him ??

Right, so we should sign Ziyech, a product of the Dutch league, but it's rubbish. And of course, building a squad on 60% of the revenue of your main rivals who are shipping players into Juve and Barca's first teams (as well as to the Premier League) whilst making a profit and overhauling them doesn't count because you don't rate the league... Firstly, you can only beat whats put in front of you. Second there is nowt wrong with the Eredivisie, it's not La Liga or the Premier League but it's still a good standard, competitive league, as evidenced by Ajax's run to the semis of the European Cup last year. And PSV making it to the knock out stages in 5 of the last ten years.

By way of comparison, Eindhoven is the half the size of Liverpool, Amsterdam is twice the size.

What specifically is it that you don't like about the Eredivisie?

Still gutted we signed him. I think he's rubbish. A younger version of Walcott. Both crap, both stuck with us for years now sucking millions out of us.
He's the definition of medicrity mate. But that is Brands' template: sign young players from 'elite' clubs who are not wanted by them and HOPE it turns out ok for them here.

Its cost us £250M so far.

It'd be nice if he got his head up to pass when around our last third of the pitch.

Maybe that's too much to expect from a £34M player?

Wasn’t the pass meant for Delph who had switched off, and yes he can pass in the final third and has shown that. He wasn’t the only one to have an off day on Sunday, he’s been a good signing for the most part so far

He's the definition of medicrity mate. But that is Brands' template: sign young players from 'elite' clubs who are not wanted by them and HOPE it turns out ok for them here.

Its cost us £250M so far.
Couldn't agree more. Could have had the likes of Neres or Lozano for cheaper, would have been less of a risk. Those guys have performed on the international stage against top quality competition, this fella has been an Arsenal reserve who couldn't be sold quick enough once we got desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back