Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought when Brands came in he would be a ruthless success driven DOF - whats happened to him?

Its like whoever joins this club gets infected with Bills poisonous Boys Club mentality.

I really want to like Silva, Moshiri and Brands. I hate being negative towards them, but I'm finding it hard to support Silva's appointment as an ambitious one compared to what is happening in other clubs.
Leave aside the reds, Man U, Arsenal traditionally "bigger clubs", and Man City, Chelsea who were transformed by money. It's fair to compare ourselves now to Leicester, Tottenham, even teams like Leipzig, Valencia, to see how teams can get up into the same space as the 'big clubs' with a great appointment and a good system behind the scenes. I think in Martinez, Koeman and even Silva, we made decent, maybe underwhelming appointments but not terrible ones. What is showing up now, since 2013, is that we obviously don't have a well run set up behind the scenes, and I hope and pray that Brands is working on that. The idea should be that whoever comes in as coach, is running a team which is embodying a winning culture, and that football style, hard work, fitness, attitude are all taken care of by many coaches behind the scenes, and by an attitude in the club. I want to support big dunc and all the blues behind the scenes, but maybe they're not the winners and top professionals we need, to support a young ambitious coach like Silva.

Even if Silva is a mid-table mediocre appointment, it could be his big leap into the big time, if Everton also supports him.

Thinking we'd get someone like Mourinho is silly, clearly, unless he really wanted to play Football Manager and turn us into a CL club, but we could learn from bigger clubs like Dortmund, Atletico and Ajax to see how a system or a great managerial appointment can support success when you don't have money

Posted this on Silva page, but maybe it belongs here.

He’s binned off nearly every waste from previous reigns and bought quality in. He has stated many a time he’s here for long term gains not a short term fix

Aye but when he comes out with rubbish like the manager has been unlucky when we are sat in 15th you start to worry that he's just been added to the boys club along with Moshiri.

When Moshiri came in it was nothing will be the same - fast forward a few months he's calling McCarthy "family".

Kenwrong is the root problem until he's gone the culture of mediocrity will always be around the club and boardroom.

Aye but when he comes out with rubbish like the manager has been unlucky when we are sat in 15th you start to worry that he's just been added to the boys club along with Moshiri.

When Moshiri came in it was nothing will be the same - fast forward a few months he's calling McCarthy "family".

Kenwrong is the root problem until he's gone the culture of mediocrity will always be around the club and boardroom.

Has he ever said this?

Delph was injury prone even at Man City wasn't he? That transfer doesn't make sense even more. I like him but it doesn't make sense.

Who would you pick in midfield with a 4-3-3. I'd go Davies Gbamin (If he turns out to be good) and Gomes,
How about a radical idea for this next few months, Baines in a 4-3-3?
Baines - Delph - Davies

The only 3 we have are Davies, Gbamin and Gomes with possibly Iwobi thrown in as a more advanced ball carrier option.

I think we need at least one more central midfielder in Jan, if not two.

The team lacks a spine. We need another Holgate type, a superstar centre mid who can change games and a prolific forward...

Im still hopeful on Kean.

The only 3 we have are Davies, Gbamin and Gomes with possibly Iwobi thrown in as a more advanced ball carrier option.

I think we need at least one more central midfielder in Jan, if not two.

The team lacks a spine. We need another Holgate type, a superstar centre mid who can change games and a prolific forward...

Im still hopeful on Kean.

I'm hopeful on Kean as well
Holgate type - you mean a versatile young defender?
Superstart Centre Mid - where does that leave Gbamin and Gomes?
Prolific Forward = One out of Tosun, DCL have to go?

It's not really rubbish though is it?
Yeah performances haven't been the best, but some of the ridiculous var decisions we've been on the end of, added to the injuries we've had haven't helped his cause
After all, without Brighton's pen we win that game, and let's says the pen against spurs turns that into a win then we'd currently be 5 points better off and sitting 5th in the table if I'm not mistaken

It's not really rubbish though is it?
Yeah performances haven't been the best, but some of the ridiculous var decisions we've been on the end of, added to the injuries we've had haven't helped his cause
After all, without Brighton's pen we win that game, and let's says the pen against spurs turns that into a win then we'd currently be 5 points better off and sitting 5th in the table if I'm not mistaken

Near every team has had bad ref decisions go against them, Sheffield Utd could say the same in the Spurs game Arsenal against Palace etc.

We may well be 4-5 points better off but so would others clubs its not an agenda against EFC.

Delph was injury prone even at Man City wasn't he? That transfer doesn't make sense even more. I like him but it doesn't make sense.

Who would you pick in midfield with a 4-3-3. I'd go Davies Gbamin (If he turns out to be good) and Gomes,
How about a radical idea for this next few months, Baines in a 4-3-3?
Baines - Delph - Davies
Come on mate, Baines in midfield was a shocking shout 3yrs.

Depends on silva keeping his job, but if we go 433 then you need 5 midfielders. So gbamin, Gomes, Davies, Delph and a new one, who I would argue needs to be better than all them and a permanent starter.

Add Iwobi if we want to play just 2 with him in front.

Silva is a fan and we are looking for a cm wouldnt surprise me if we are back in for him
Watford are struggling, but should stay up. But giving their best player away in jan, would be a huge risk and could potentially cost them a fortune. So the chances off selling him is slim and especially to us. They would want huge money, which he isn’t worth.

Good player, but not outstanding. The only difference is he has real power which our midfielders lack and he constantly drives into the box, which Gomes & Delph never do. Davies does but he isn’t the physical presence Doucoure is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back