Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
nonsense Goat.

At worst we need a mid tier manager that will just settle things and will work with Brands within whatever framework he is supposed to have in place. For a season and a half at most whilst we continue fixing the squad.

we can definitely find somebody from mid tier up that half the fan base won’t despise and won’t have plenty of the fan base switching off.

Well I haven't found 1.

Nobody can give me names, they just keeping its not their job.

if the requirement is be an ok manager and keep us top 10 for 18mths whilst we continue changing the squad........and not be moyes or benitez

Then for sure you can name lots. I still think Silva could do that bang average job ffs if things had fallen only slightly differently....mainly the midfield injuries.

The choice is not between get an amazing winning manager that everybody loves OR get a crap apparently “safe” choice that half the fan base hates.

if the requirement is be an ok manager and keep us top 10 for 18mths whilst we continue changing the squad........and not be moyes or benitez

Then for sure you can name lots. I still think Silva could do that bang average job ffs if things had fallen only slightly differently....mainly the midfield injuries.

The choice is not between get an amazing winning manager that everybody loves OR get a crap apparently “safe” choice that half the fan base hates.
I for one can't name lots of managers who fit your modified requirements. Can you help me out?

Attachments

• Iwobi.webp
    Iwobi.webp
    7 KB · Views: 29

No DoF with credibility could or should wear an appointment of a manager for any period of time.

...and there's no way Moytes would agree to the next 6 months and that's it. No chance. He'll be looking to get assurances that if he gets to a certain position - top half maybe - he'll get 2/3 years.

Brands has to stop this happening. If not, he has nothing.

If it Moyes and you know im a fan of his, then Brands has zero authority of the managerial recruitment process.

because I think Silva himself was only a medium term appointment. We can still get somebody to finish that term out.

moyes wont come for 6mths. We would get stuck with him

I actually believe Moyes is desperate to come back. He knows he won’t get another chance with any premiere league team under normal circumstances. So I don’t understand where the insistence on a 2 year deal comes from. Our current league position is a disadvantage bargaining chip but if we are smart enough we might just convince him an extension will only be discuss at the end of the season. That’s how west ham deal with him in a similar position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back