Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as critical as Brands as you, but he hasn't handled this situation well. Yes Kenwright is undoubtedly leading the Pro-Moyes charge back. However had we got a competent Chairman, this morning Brands is being asked 2 questions. 1) Who have you found as a potential replacement that can keep us up and move us forward. And 2) if you haven't found anybody, why not?

I have no idea why he is allowing this situation to drift. If as believed there is a meeting today, Bill will push Moyes, has Brands got anybody ready to go from tomorrow? If not why not? It's 11 days since the Norwich game, what has he been doing?

If his answer is he wants to back Silva, that in some ways is actually quite admirable, but it's incredibly naive. I would expect any Chairman to state to him, 90% of the fans want him gone, we are in the relegation zone etc, this is such a big call are you willing to risk your reputation and position on Silva turning it around over the next 3-4 weeks? As that is what we are talking about.If you go all in in something so unpopular, you have to expect if it goes wrong serious fall out.

I haven't been impressed with his handling of the situation at all. If he hasn't found a replacement manager that is really poor.
Look at his transfer sagas right to the wire, last minute trolley dash. He shows no signs of urgency, not proactive at all. He doesn't lead.

The feller needs a bomb up his arse....no, the feller needs punting.

Look at his transfer sagas right to the wire, last minute trolley dash. He shows no signs of urgency, not proactive at all. He doesn't lead.

I won't criticise him re transfers so much. However this debacle around the manager has been really poor. What sort of idiot wouldn't have a replacement ready? What good is "wait to the summer" in this context?

I won't criticise him re transfers so much. However this debacle around the manager has been really poor. What sort of idiot wouldn't have a replacement ready? What good is "wait to the summer" in this context?

How do you know that its not due to some managers negotiating or not being willing to move yet e.g Gallardo has a cup final on 12/13th dec

How do you know that its not due to some managers negotiating or not being willing to move yet e.g Gallardo has a cup final on 12/13th dec

I don't, and if he has Gallardo ready then I suppose the obvious move would be to remove Silva, place Ferguson in charge for Saturday and have Gallardo in after that. You would want to confirm it can be announced now (which is not uncommon) and if he were to come for the 13th then it's logical he's in charge for the weekend after. If he's set all that up, it can be announced very soon/today.

I'll be frank, I am not expecting that. I don't believe he was well prepared enough before or after Norwich. I don't think he has done what needed to be done over the last 11 days. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up.

There are serious concerns on Gallardo for me too. His league record isn't so strong and feels a massive risk, but I suppose we would have to get behind him.

LOL

“transfer sagas right to the wire”

what like everyone else in the world on transfer deadline day lol

more Dave sensationalism

If Moyes comes back there's no where left for Don Marcel to hide is there?

What's the point of him if it's not to choose the manager?

He's already made a pigs ear out of signing players.

I don't, and if he has Gallardo ready then I suppose the obvious move would be to remove Silva, place Ferguson in charge for Saturday and have Gallardo in after that. You would want to confirm it can be announced now (which is not uncommon) and if he were to come for the 13th then it's logical he's in charge for the weekend after. If he's set all that up, it can be announced very soon/today.

I'll be frank, I am not expecting that. I don't believe he was well prepared enough before or after Norwich. I don't think he has done what needed to be done over the last 11 days. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up.

There are serious concerns on Gallardo for me too. His league record isn't so strong and feels a massive risk, but I suppose we would have to get behind him.

He plays the reserves either side of cup games. Heavy focus on cups...which he more often than not tends to win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back