Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons for the interview being to "put out a message" out that:
Everton can sign in demand players
Said in demand players wanting to come to Everton
Everton not being a second choice

All just posturing I think, don't think he would have said this just to gloat.

He was probably asked for interviews, so he did a media day, personally I found the interviews quite refreshing and gives us fans some idea of the thinking behind the window and his thoughts going forward.

Ive lost count of how many times people claim the club should give the fans more insight and here we are.

How you think he dissed United and Barca im not quite sure.

That’s fair enough. It’s interesting stuff but fodder for the masses and click bait.

I don’t like it, I don’t think this is a director of footballs role, we can speculate how it came to pass, simply I think club administrators shouldn’t do interviews like this especially indicating how he negotiated specific deals with other clubs and how he out brinkerd them. Why? What’s the purpose and what gain does this earn Everton? None for me.

If you listen closely he also talks about speaking him speaking to Mina and Silva talking to A Silva before deals were done with their clubs. We know that’s against the rules.

I just don’t see the point of this as interesting as it is and it strikes me of him wanting to raise his own profile, he’s telling stories that he is the hero in. Likely via pissing of Barca, Utd and possibly admitting to tapping up.

No gain to Everton any of this.

That’s fair enough. It’s interesting stuff but fodder for the masses and click bait.

I don’t like it, I don’t think this is a director of footballs role, we can speculate how it came to pass, simply I think club administrators shouldn’t do interviews like this especially indicating how he negotiated specific deals with other clubs and how he out brinkerd them. Why? What’s the purpose and what gain does this earn Everton? None for me.

If you listen closely he also talks about speaking him speaking to Mina and Silva talking to A Silva before deals were done with their clubs. We know that’s against the rules.

I just don’t see the point of this as interesting as it is and it strikes me of him wanting to raise his own profile, he’s telling stories that he is the hero in. Likely via pissing of Barca, Utd and possibly admitting to tapping up.

Its not against the rules to talk to players, WITH the clubs permission.

But anyway, this is badly Dave and I aint touching none of it, soz.

Don’t like it, so it’s a no from me I’m afraid.

Pity he did well in the window.

This is all wrong.
I suspect one thing he was doing was ensuring that the mass of Evertonians believe that Mina had eyes only for us all
along thus ensuring the support is fully behind him. Fairly subtle and well executed since many of us failed to spot it.
In general DoFs are expected to be available to the media to explain the clubs ongoing policies, witness Monchis appearance to explain the collapse of the Malcom transfer recently.

I remember watching the Monchi interview with regards to the Malcom fiasco, I thought it was interesting to hear his thoughts, so it definitely isn't unique that our dof done this.

It was great to get such an insight into the dealings, thought he came across well and can't see an issue with it myself.

Caution will always be there but at least we seem to have a bit of basic direction that we want to go, it hasn't felt like that for quite a while.

Its not against the rules to talk to players, WITH the clubs permission.

But anyway, this is badly Dave and I aint touching none of it, soz.

They are open questions really. I don’t not rate the lid or his competency in his job it’s all early days.

I don’t like this interview its crass and unessevsry for me for the reasons I’ve said.

It’s not meant to gain anything for Everton. Why does it have to? Everton don’t gain but they also don’t lose anything from this from where I’m sitting. All it is is to communicate with the fans, something Walsh never did and it’s refreshing.

As for the showing himself off, the first thing he says is that he wouldn’t have been able to have done any of it without the 10 phone calls a day with the chairman and everyone else involved, he says it’s a team effort. If anything he comes across humble.

Don’t like it, so it’s a no from me I’m afraid.

Pity he did well in the window.

This is all wrong.
He’s talking about business that’s already done and not saying anything derogatory towards other clubs.

“Pity he done well in the window” is a bit of a strange one, you’re actively disappointed that Everton did good business in the transfer window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back