Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our central midfield is currently worse than when Moyes had Neville and Heitinga in there.

Some going that when you've spent hundreds of millions of pounds.

Yes Walsh spent a good chuck but it's absolutely fair to say that Brands needs to pull out some decent signings this summer or he'll be down the road.

Last summer was absolutely wasted chasing Zaha only to end up with Alex Iwobi. Pretty much on par with paying 45m for Sigurdsson in my eyes.

Marco Silva took alot of the blame for this season but this fella did nothing to help him.

No coincidence that the seasons both Koeman & Silva were sacked the recruitment in the respective summers were utterly dreadful.

And thats coming from someone who hated Silva.
I liked Silva but he was inept at this job and is the reason where not higher,
Who can forget his 2-5-4 formation he did when we where losing.
Under Silva 17th in the form guide
Under Carlo 4th
Same players
People like to have a go at Iwobi, yet it’s the centre of the park that the real problem lie and we all know this. Sigi and Gomez have been woeful. Maybe once we get a sorted midfield Iwobi will shine

Glad you made your mind up on a 19 year old lad who’s moved away from his family to a completely new country where he doesn’t no the language, joined a struggling team and has had 3 managers.
Fans like you are the reason our young players want to leave

There's 2 threads on here I kick myself every time I read and vow never to do it again. One is Marcel Brands, the other is Moise Kean.

There's 2 threads on here I kick myself every time I read and vow never to do it again. One is Marcel Brands, the other is Moise Kean.
If we signed Messi won 5 games in a row then we lost 1-0 cos Messi didn’t score he would be classed as “useless”
We are as a fan base far to knee jerk and it’s all based on the last game.
Everton best Leicester... Carlo Magnifico, best manager in the WORLD, he will be hear forever.
Everton lose to Spurs....Carlo boring like Allardyce, plays the same football. He walk out and I don’t blame him

I liked Silva but he was inept at this job and is the reason where not higher,
Who can forget his 2-5-4 formation he did when we where losing.
Under Silva 17th in the form guide
Under Carlo 4th
Same players
People like to have a go at Iwobi, yet it’s the centre of the park that the real problem lie and we all know this. Sigi and Gomez have been woeful. Maybe once we get a sorted midfield Iwobi will shine
Actually I do seem to have forgotten the time we had 12 on the pitch, could you remind me of that one?

Glad you made your mind up on a 19 year old lad who’s moved away from his family to a completely new country where he doesn’t no the language, joined a struggling team and has had 3 managers.
Fans like you are the reason our young players want to leave

....I get the excuses and accept them to a certain degree, but my concern is not seeing many signs that he’ll become an effective footballer for us. Gordon has come and showing signs of promise. I know he’s a local lad, but Gordon has recently got into the team and is already getting more game time than Kean.

i’m sure we’ll all be absolutely delighted to see Kean making an impact, but he’s been here long enough to make it reasonable to have an informed opinion.

....I get the excuses and accept them to a certain degree, but my concern is not seeing many signs that he’ll become an effective footballer for us. Gordon has come and showing signs of promise. I know he’s a local lad, but Gordon has recently got into the team and is already getting more game time than Kean.

i’m sure we’ll all be absolutely delighted to see Kean making an impact, but he’s been here long enough to make it reasonable to have an informed opinion.

Yes, but Gordon is competing for a place in midfield, while Kean is competing with Richarlison and DCL. So it's not easy. I do not doubt Kean's skills, but I'm more in doubt as to whether he has the mentality needed.

I was under the impression Brands came in to buy young talent, develop them and sell for profit - then use that profit to improve the first team squad.
Does this clash with the idea that Ancelotti will immediately need all the funds to attract better quality additions to the first team?

Just wondering if Brands was brought in with the view that we were not going to be able to get such a high profile manager until the club's fortunes improved (the project that Brands was supposed to deliver).

Can agree with this. Not been impressed with his small game time. Looks very raw. Would still give him at least another year.. have had doubts about his ball control. Just a glimpse against Spurs gave me a bit of hope for him. When he brought the ball down and with 2 spurs defenders around switched the ball quickly from his left to right foot and got his shot away. Not much of a shot tbh but first time I've seen his speed of mind and feet to give me some hope for him. But need to see a lot more from him.
Said in the DCL thread though and same for Keane.
This midfield of ours creates very little for our forwards and when they do get a break away they are often on their own cos that midfield dosnt have the speed or fitness to get up to support them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back