Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was the moment for me.

I was unsure on his appointment given his Eredivisie background.

But I got right behind him, every benefit of doubt but after Iwobi - big alarm bells. If it was Iwobi or nobody, nobody was the answer. I said it at the time on here.

Still, early days so we shouldn't jump on him too much. But if I was Moshiri, would I give him another £100m to spend? (even if we're allowed to spend it?) I think I'd be inclined to ask Ancelotti to draw up the list first, before Brands.

Is it early days though, hes had five windows and is here nearly three years im seeing more holes instead of less. Steve Walsh was here two years and the knives were out after a year an half. I said when he arrived it was a three year job turning around the squad he inherited and his time limit in nearly up patience wise. Have we got better or worse?

That was the moment for me.

I was unsure on his appointment given his Eredivisie background.

But I got right behind him, every benefit of doubt but after Iwobi - big alarm bells. If it was Iwobi or nobody, nobody was the answer. I said it at the time on here.

Still, early days so we shouldn't jump on him too much. But if I was Moshiri, would I give him another £100m to spend? (even if we're allowed to spend it?) I think I'd be inclined to ask Ancelotti to draw up the list first, before Brands.

He did very well in Holland and his first window looked superb, but less so sadly. Hes been very unlucky with injuries, it must be said, but meh, its not great.

I like to support everybody, up to a point, Martinez, Koeman, Silva, I didn't want any of them but I supported them. With Brands it was different, he was somebody I got behind and believed it.

Iwobi was the first time I thought "WTF are you doing".

Im not giving up on him, as I say I think we/he has been unlucky with injuries and I know you have highlighted Gomes injuries before.

But as I said before, I was always gonna give him 3 years and this summer, cov19 or not, he's gonna have to dazzle me.

I don't think Brands picks all the players, I think the manager and DoF pick them, that's not to absolve him of blame, Brands is 100% responsible for every player signed, so I don't think its a case of letting Carlo pick them. But Carlo seems like somebody who gets what he wants and if he doesn't get it he wont cry himself to sleep, he will let people know.

So yeah, big Summer coming up.

For the people who say how is he going to get rid of Bolasie, Sigurdsson sandro etc.
How on earth is he going to get rid of iwobi , kean, mina , gomes, Gbamin and bernard without taking the club into administration ?

They are all potentially huge losses , even Bernard on a free because of the massive wage he is on at 27-28 who will match the money ?
Anything we sell Bernard for is all profit the way the accounting works at least.

Is it early days though, hes had five windows and is here nearly three years im seeing more holes instead of less. Steve Walsh was here two years. I said when he arrived it was a three year job turning around the squad he inherited and his time limit in nearly up. Have we got better or worse?

I think early days given he needed to shift a lot of players.

He's also had one managerial appointment, and that was Carlo Ancelotti.

[EDIT] Although that said, he persevered for well too long with Silva and ended up sacking him, without a clue either given Ancelotti was still in a job at that point.

You didn't know how to click on "forgot your password"?

Sounds plausible.

Couldn't be arsed seeing which email I'd set the account up on.

Run along, someone's made a post in the Pickford thread you might get emotional with and want to flag up to the relevant authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back