Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the situation with coronavirus and how our squad already have taken on wage deferrals, how much money will actually be available this summer? I can’t see it being enough to actually make enough quality signings.

I think we’re all agreed that our biggest problem (among many) is our midfield. But I find it odd to place the blame for the two man midfields that we’re persistently playing, despite them being overran each game, on Brands.

He should, however, be looking for buyers for Sigurdsson and Davies - they’re not players he’s identified and they both offer astonishingly little no matter what system they’re played in...

it really is absolutely mental that Carlo Ancelotti has just fielded a midfield two of Sigurdsson and Davies - the man who’s managed Kaka, Seedorf, Kroos, Modric, Lampard, Thiago, Alonso etc, now in a position where he’s fielding that midfield two of absolute nothingness.

I think we’re all agreed that our biggest problem (among many) is our midfield. But I find it odd to place the blame for the two man midfields that we’re persistently playing, despite them being overran each game, on Brands.

He should, however, be looking for buyers for Sigurdsson and Davies - they’re not players he’s identified and they both offer astonishingly little no matter what system they’re played in...

it really is absolutely mental that Carlo Ancelotti has just fielded a midfield two of Sigurdsson and Davies - the man who’s managed Kaka, Seedorf, Kroos, Modric, Lampard, Thiago, Alonso etc, now in a position where he’s fielding that midfield two of absolute nothingness.
I think it's fair given he spent about 60 million on central midfielders last year and we are forced to play with Sigurdsson and Davies.

But it takes longer than that to work out where needs strengthening the most and find an affordable, long-term target that can acclimatise straight away.
So, when we were chasing that guy who went to Roma(Monchi?), there were stories how he had a board that had every position and options for those positions. He would go over that with the manager and they would go down the list. I honestly feel like Brands doesn't have anything like that. If he did then hiring one of the most decorated mangers of all time would have brought in at least one player that suited him.

Thats fifa football talk all that. They needed a creative midfielder, identified one and bought him , in January. Have they ? When did Woodward start scouting him ?

Yes this what I'm saying... they played 4-2-3-1 forever and they need a number 10.

Everton have a squad built for Silva's 4-2-3-1 but then we need players suitable for 4-4-2. Identify and sign in a month which is how we ended up with Tosun and Walcott the January before.

United linked since last Summer: http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2...er-united-closing-in-on-bruno-fernandes-deal/

So, when we were chasing that guy who went to Roma(Monchi?), there were stories how he had a board that had every position and options for those positions. He would go over that with the manager and they would go down the list. I honestly feel like Brands doesn't have anything like that. If he did then hiring one of the most decorated mangers of all time would have brought in at least one player that suited him.

Monchi might have a board with players for each position (don't think it's an actual board that was Moyes) but those players need to suit a system.

We've been 4-2-3-1 for years now and as such Brands will have players for that formation not 4-4-2 which you'll agree requires completely different profiles for wide mids and centre mids.

Yes this what I'm saying... they played 4-2-3-1 forever and they need a number 10.

Everton have a squad built for Silva's 4-2-3-1 but then we need players suitable for 4-4-2. Identify and sign in a month which is how we ended up with Tosun and Walcott the January before.

United linked since last Summer: http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2...er-united-closing-in-on-bruno-fernandes-deal/
I don't think its quite as structured as an algorithm in a video game, but I get what your saying on paper and all that.

But thats irrelevant. Not every signing will end up like walcott and tosun. That was under a completely different regiment also.

Brands was supposed to be a huge step up from walsh. He knew Ancelotti was coming in and he knew where we needed strengthening.

Is that source tabloid based?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back