Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can but its easy to get sucked into thinking just because there not good enough for a top side they might be good enough fo us, which dosent often work. Our best players over the years have come from either good scouting and finding a player from lower down ready to step up, such as Lescott, Jags...etc or spending on known talent such as Richarlison

Yeah exactly. I have never understood people trying to link a pattern when it comes to transfers though. Cahiil, Jagielka and Lescott were not good signings because they simply happened to come from the Championship, they were good signings because they were good players.

I do love a random unknown signing though.

Most dont even know Liverpool's DOF name but that doesn't stop him getting very good business done.

Take note superstar boy Marcel.

Thiago, when it’s completed, could go either way, don’t know a whole lot about the Greek lad they signed but I’d be surprised if he plays much ahead of Robertson

So you wouldn't think it would be a failure, at all, if he didn't bring in significant improvement before the season started?
Not at all.

Would I like all our signings in before pre-season training? Yes. Do I think its achievable? Sadly not.

We need sales before we can buy, we need to know our outs.

Im expecting Allan to be in before the season starts, possibly another 1, no idea who.

But I suspect anything else will have to wait a little.

Most dont even know Liverpool's DOF name but that doesn't stop him getting very good business done.

Has brands ever claimed to be a superstar?

As comparing us/him with Liverpool, it's just a pointless comparison. They operate in an entirely different sphere to us.

...it took the Reds a long time to get things right and when you do it’s a lot easier to buy with a very stable and strong squad. City were similar and we’re seeing United, Spurs, Arsenal and even the likes of Barcelona struggling to bring in the right players.

Interesting to see what happens with Brands having just 12 months left on his contract.

...it took the Reds a long time to get things right and when you do it’s a lot easier to buy with a very stable and strong squad. City were similar and we’re seeing United, Spurs, Arsenal and even the likes of Barcelona struggling to bring in the right players.

Interesting to see what happens with Brands having just 12 months left on his contract.

Board members don't have contracts.

As comparing us/him with Liverpool, it's just a pointless comparison. They operate in an entirely different sphere to us.

They didnt before they started winning stuff under Klopp mate when Rodgers was sacked they had Ricky Lambert up top - they could have easily blown money on Tosun, Iwobi & Siggurdsson instead of signing the likes of Robertson, Firmino & Salah.

Genuine question because i dont know if its a yes or no. Does he do photos with new signings like brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back