Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didnt before they started winning stuff under Klopp mate when Rodgers was sacked they had Ricky Lambert up top - they could have easily blown money on Tosun, Iwobi & Siggurdsson instead of signing the likes of Robertson, Firmino & Salah.

He spent 52m on Naby Kieta 32m on Benteke, 16m on Balotelli,20m on Markovic, 18m on Sakho, lets not act like he's flawless.

Not at all.

Would I like all our signings in before pre-season training? Yes. Do I think its achievable? Sadly not.

We need sales before we can buy, we need to know our outs.

Im expecting Allan to be in before the season starts, possibly another 1, no idea who.

But I suspect anything else will have to wait a little.
Thankfully the 3 points at stake for those first couple matches aren't worth the same as the 3 points that the ones in May so theres that.

Thankfully the 3 points at stake for those first couple matches aren't worth the same as the 3 points that the ones in May so theres that.

What a strange comment.

Last time I checked 3 points are worth 3 points all season long.

What would you like him to do? Sign all the players tomorrow?

Its impossible, when you place unrealistic expectations on things, you set yourself up for misery and disappointment.

He spent 52m on Naby Kieta 32m on Benteke, 16m on Balotelli,20m on Markovic, 18m on Sakho, lets not act like he's flawless.

Aye but the successes are vastly more than the duds.

Whereas so far we have Richarlison & Digne from around £200 million spent.

Its why I dont get all this "architect" nonsense - he's done hardly anything.

Aye but the successes are vastly more than the duds.

Whereas so far we have Richarlison & Digne from around £200 million spent.

Its why I dont get all this "architect" nonsense - he's done hardly anything.

There were vastly more duds, I only named the 1s they spent decent money on.

And he's spent 168m.

Richarlison will go for more than that.

Hes signed 1 bad player in Iwobi, everybody else we would see a profit on when sold.

What a strange comment.

Last time I checked 3 points are worth 3 points all season long.

What would you like him to do? Sign all the players tomorrow?

Its impossible, when you place unrealistic expectations on things, you set yourself up for misery and disappointment.
But you said there isn't any issue if he doesn't get them in before the beginning of the season? It doesn't seem like it matters to you if he does because theres no rush, no?

What would I like him to do? I'd like the guy who is tasked to bring in players to have a plan to bring in players in positions that have been drastically clear for almost a year at this point before the season starts so that they can hit the ground running. Radical thinking, right?

The players he needs to get rid of before we can buy are the same players he's needed to get rid of for the past 2 years. The fact that they haven't gone before there was a pandemic doesnt bode well for them going while everyone is more skint.

Would like players in early but can't see it until people start panic buying our garbage

All this talk of who the DOF signed.
There were vastly more duds, I only named the 1s they spent decent money on.

And he's spent 168m.

Richarlison will go for more than that.

Hes signed 1 bad player in Iwobi, everybody else we would see a profit on when sold.

Did he sign mina? There is no profit coming back there.

But you said there isn't any issue if he doesn't get them in before the beginning of the season? It doesn't seem like it matters to you if he does because theres no rush, no?

What would I like him to do? I'd like the guy who is tasked to bring in players to have a plan to bring in players in positions that have been drastically clear for almost a year at this point before the season starts so that they can hit the ground running. Radical thinking, right?

And as I've said, its impossible.

Currently we are waiting for Gabriel to pick his team.
Thiago Silva, whilst a pipe dream, is currently still playing CL football.
Allan will sign soon, but is due a holiday.

We cant overpay for players, cos that eats into our budget and means we miss out on other targets.

We don't want to buy other players, whilst our first choices are "still in play".

Its not an issue for me, cos I understand how transfer windows work, its a game of chess, these people are dealing in millions of pounds and they wont be rushed.

Targets changes, other targets become available, other teams show interest in our players, you have to stretch out every penny in every deal, its not like FM.

But I cant fight peoples agendas, they are too powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back