Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I imagine @MarcelsGoat picking out the Richarlison price tag he chooses to write for maximum outrage

tenor.gif

That's Brands picking out his next target after Gabriel + Allan sign elsewhere.

I think with Walsh he was dictated to by Koeman, by Moshiri, by Big Sam, so there's lots of grey areas there.

For me its different under Brands, I doubt he bends for anyone, it doesn't mean he's not open to ideas, but its his show.

...Walsh is on record as saying he had the power of veto on all deals. He also said, Koeman initiated some transfers and he initiated some transfers.

I agree with you, I doubt Walsh was strong enough to veto but Brands is a much stronger character.

We got that that much for Rom because he banged in a lot of goals. Way more than Richy so far.

Now could Richy go absolutely ham on goal scoring next season and bring in a lot of cash? Sure. Well, not with the current midfield. But with a new midfield sure. As of right now I think about 80m is the tops Everton will get for Richarlison.

Let's also not forget that commercial revenue, club performance and club worth influences how much of a transfer fee a club can command. Comparing Liverpool/Coutinho to Everton/Richarlison who just finished 12th is not based in reality.

Why would/should we sell Richy for a little over 50% of what we bought him for in profit?

Let's be honest , Brands is in a true nightmare situation in undoing the catastrophe that was Walsh !.
How do you get rid of the likes of Siggy , Bolasie , Sandro who are all useless and on massive salaries. We probably couldn't even give them away. Literally !.
Fair enough to criticise him , but nobody could resolve these problems. He has at least got rid of Schneids , but I would be amazed if he can get rid of these 3. Bolasie has even screwed up 2 loan deals !.

Failing to deliver on any of Ancelotti’s targets so far. Same story with Silva last year. The fella hasn’t got a clue and our season will once again suffer because of it.

Failing to deliver on any of Ancelotti’s targets so far. Same story with Silva last year. The fella hasn’t got a clue and our season will once again suffer because of it.
It too bothered about missing out on Gabriel. CB is not an area to overspend on this window. I think we have other priorities in CM, RB, RW, LB and GK. If Kean moves we may also need a CF.
Spending money on CB seems to be the wrong thing to do right now,

Brands spends too much --> Get rid
Brands doesn't spend enough --> Get rid

The common factor is not what he spends, it is an agenda against this DoF and the fact that in real life he is not playing FIFA or whatever its called. Instead moan at him because he has inherited massively overpaid and under-performing people on a fixed term contract that he has no power to veto. Sure he has bought some duds, or at least some that have to yet prove their worth, but name me one DoF or manager that has not done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back