2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully we sell a player next week

Almost every Summer has seen odd transfer decisions when we had no manager - elg. contract extensions. Wonder if we will be clever or stupid this Summer.
AND if we work fast and get this right, by July 1 we can have a new manager and a squad, and we won't have another season of excuses about
'give us 2- 3 windows'
' getting used to the squad and tactics'
'long=term p[roject'

I know Tuchel + Chelsea is the other end of the scale = a big talented squad with a proper CL manager but you can see a dramatic overnight improvement there - at our current level, can we not expect an improvement of 10th - 6th, a couple of cup runs, and a style improvement?

Especially as Spurs and Arsenal are still vulnerable, and West Ham, Leeds and Villa may not maintain the same standards

Almost every Summer has seen odd transfer decisions when we had no manager - elg. contract extensions. Wonder if we will be clever or stupid this Summer.
AND if we work fast and get this right, by July 1 we can have a new manager and a squad, and we won't have another season of excuses about
'give us 2- 3 windows'
' getting used to the squad and tactics'
'long=term p[roject'

I know Tuchel + Chelsea is the other end of the scale = a big talented squad with a proper CL manager but you can see a dramatic overnight improvement there - at our current level, can we not expect an improvement of 10th - 6th, a couple of cup runs, and a style improvement?

Especially as Spurs and Arsenal are still vulnerable, and West Ham, Leeds and Villa may not maintain the same standards

It seems bizarre to me to wait for a new manager to try and move players on...

Kenny, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, Gomes are just 5 of the players that obviously need to be shifted.

If we were able to shift them all or some of them then we have a bigger budget for the new manager.

Plus of course we can move on players knowing we have space in the squad and freed up wages.

We should have moved quickly weeks ago to sell and/sign.

As much as I would actually love this to have happened and someone actually call the players out - because they have had a free meal for long enough, I just can't imagine this happening.
According to Ancelotti and a few here (winning at Anfield) we had a great season. Surely Brands will get a medal and a few millions on top!

Brands just need to sell players at the moment, get rid of the deadwood. Don't leave this decision to the new manager
There will be no decision by Brands...he has the perfect excuse now we don't have a manager. Probably starting his summer holidays soon and going on a pointless round trip around Europe supposedly looking at players when we all now that in this club we leave signings for the end which often is too late. Anyhow here is hoping as per every season that it will change one day...

There will be no decision by Brands...he has the perfect excuse now we don't have a manager. Probably starting his summer holidays soon and going on a pointless round trip around Europe supposedly looking at players when we all now that in this club we leave signings for the end which often is too late. Anyhow here is hoping as per every season that it will change one day...
I’m quite sure decisions have been made.

Sadly hes struggling with the bounce on the greens due to this hot weather so hes gonna need another few weeks to iron at the kinks in his game.

Soz lads.

It seems bizarre to me to wait for a new manager to try and move players on...

Kenny, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, Gomes are just 5 of the players that obviously need to be shifted.

If we were able to shift them all or some of them then we have a bigger budget for the new manager.

Plus of course we can move on players knowing we have space in the squad and freed up wages.

We should have moved quickly weeks ago to sell and/sign.

…I’m positive he’ll move players on. I think the problem is more about another club wanting them than Brands having to agree with the new boss.

Saying that, for all we know they are already agreeing transfer strategy with the new manager.

…I’m positive he’ll move players on. I think the problem is more about another club wanting them than Brands having to agree with the new boss.

Saying that, for all we know they are already agreeing transfer strategy with the new manager.
Two loan signings on deadline day after selling Richarlison in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back