2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
In world where Arsenal and Spurs don't exist, you are entirely on the money...

Arsenal have won multiple trophies during and since the stadium build. Spurs have been to numerous finals during and since the stadium build and challenged twice for the league. Spurs are seemingly paying Conte and Mourinho before him a record amount to be their manager.

I’m not sure how either of them constitute sitting on the tv money.

Bit sad we’ve had a DoF for 3 years and only now allowing him proper control.
If that's true, I honestly worry about Brands' motivation and/or ability to stand up for himself. If he agreed to a new deal after being sidelined for 3 years it genuinely makes me concerned about how bothered he is about the whole 'project', it would sort of come across like he was just content to have a cushy job with a big salary and has no real desire to have an impact on the club.

Arsenal have won multiple trophies during and since the stadium build. Spurs have been to numerous finals during and since the stadium build and challenged twice for the league. Spurs are seemingly paying Conte and Mourinho before him a record amount to be their manager.

I’m not sure how either of them constitute sitting on the tv money.
Its fair accusations that many of their fans speak about. Arsenal for some time now Spurs more recently... Just done enough to be relevant, And the arsenal owner, that is what he does it's his know business model.

If that's true, I honestly worry about Brands' motivation and/or ability to stand up for himself. If he agreed to a new deal after being sidelined for 3 years it genuinely makes me concerned about how bothered he is about the whole 'project', it would sort of come across like he was just content to have a cushy job with a big salary and has no real desire to have an impact on the club.

it certainly does feel like, just as with Ancelotti, and a lot of our players Iwobi, Schneiderlin, Tosun, etc in recent years, there are people here just for a career break and good pay,who don't seem to be working hard to progress.

That says Carlo and Brands didnt get on...yet the Athletic says they were sorting out transfers last week (even though it says the structure isn't ideal).

I also don't see Brands as the type to be bollocking players either. Especially when he was the only feller who wanted to keep Marco Silva when most wanted him out for example.
Agreed, its utter bull.

I read a few things on brands when we first got him in charge about his comments towards psv players and also other players and teams in the league that would definitely point to him being the type that would call a meeting with players and slaughtering them.

richarlison and holgate definitely seem the types that would do an ali and dier kick off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back