2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like him to play the pivotal role in appointing the new manager.

Privately he may be pleased Ancelotti is gone. He was going to be in his shadow forever whilst he was here. Any disagreement over players etc, and Ancelottis view would prevail. You aren't going to argue with a man of his credentials.

I think Brands has been a huge disappointment to date, but now is perhaps his only opportunity to asset some influence, if not directly in the new appointment process, but in how things are managed after.

He should be clearly senior to whoever gets the job this time around, so surely this must be reflected in the age profile and type of signings coming in, amongst other things.

It's now or never to start building for the future, and embedding systems that are going to serve us for the next decade.

Not sure at all if he can ever get into the groove here though. Let's hope he can.

Right now this feller will be waiting by the phone for a call off Moshiri telling him who the next manager is.

A chocolate fire guard.
I just don't understand what he does,surely he should have his ear to the ground for up and coming managers long before the manager leaves?
According to FIFA there are 250 million footballers worldwide so surely it's not that hard to find hidden gems.
Why are we trusting a fella with our money to buy players when he can't trust himself to buy a pair of socks?

I'd like him to play the pivotal role in appointing the new manager.

Privately he may be pleased Ancelotti is gone. He was going to be in his shadow forever whilst he was here. Any disagreement over players etc, and Ancelottis view would prevail. You aren't going to argue with a man of his credentials.

I think Brands has been a huge disappointment to date, but now is perhaps his only opportunity to asset some influence, if not directly in the new appointment process, but in how things are managed after.

He should be clearly senior to whoever gets the job this time around, so surely this must be reflected in the age profile and type of signings coming in, amongst other things.

It's now or never to start building for the future, and embedding systems that are going to serve us for the next decade.

Not sure at all if he can ever get into the groove here though. Let's hope he can.

That's just laughable. What makes you think a glorified scout is more important than the manager? Brands clearly has no backbone as he didn't want to sack Silva and his signings have been largely useless.

I just don't understand what he does,surely he should have his ear to the ground for up and coming managers long before the manager leaves?
According to FIFA there are 250 million footballers worldwide so surely it's not that hard to find hidden gems.
Why are we trusting a fella with our money to buy players when he can't trust himself to buy a pair of socks?
I'm mystified at what his job is. He seems to have a very narrow remit. No major decision seems to be made by him.

To me he's a club secretary. Someone like Michael Dunford years ago would have done the exact same job: bit of involvement in transfers, media messaging, go between in terms of manager and board.

DoF is supposed to orchestrate a club entirely and a clear identity emerges. But we are a dogs breakfast.

Everybody with an interest is going to have an opinion and their narrative will suit their story of events or their feelings towards any specific individuals at the club.

Meanwhile, in the real world Everton’s board will be speaking with the agents of managers available who have expressed an interest.

They got Ancelotti in, I’m sure they aren’t even considering the likes of Eddie Howe, David Moyes or NES this time around.

Everybody with an interest is going to have an opinion and their narrative will suit their story of events or their feelings towards any specific individuals at the club.

Meanwhile, in the real world Everton’s board will be speaking with the agents of managers available who have expressed an interest.

They got Ancelotti in, I’m sure they aren’t even considering the likes of Eddie Howe, David Moyes or NES this time around.

Depends how much their plans have changed Re: The project.

For me the Ancelotti appointment was rushed and not much thought had gone into it. Moshiri obviously wanted to try a different approach and got a big named manager in, with the hopes of short term success but then didn’t really back Carlo when he needed it to improve us, which is evident that was needed.

They let him take us into a season with one right back and no right winger, when we were sitting 4th in the New Year and he needed recruitments to give us a boost as we were riddled with injuries they gave him Joshua King....

I don’t know the level of manager they will be looking at but if they try the same route here again it’s absolutely pointless and we are just peeing money away.

It may be a case that we just have to keep trying the young manager approach and hope at some point it sticks. In the long run it’s cheaper and less risky than getting a massive name who will be on big wages, will need to be backed to the hilt and will more than likely look to jump ship in an instant once one of the big dogs come calling again.

I know what Marcel is doing since December

1622723811395.webp

So the next appointment is totally in his hands. He’s interviewing and taking responsibility for the next failure.

Could be curtains next summer for this bozo if he gets this wrong.

Its funny as most Evertonians seem happy he's making the appointment whereas im genuinely terrified.

Blokes signed largely bang average players and wanted to keep Silva in a job - dread to think what possession based slug manager he will dig up from the bowels of Holland.

Its funny as most Evertonians seem happy he's making the appointment whereas im genuinely terrified.

Blokes signed largely bang average players and wanted to keep Silva in a job - dread to think was possession based slug manager he will dig up from the bowels of Holland.
General feeling on twatter is blues are buzzing it’s him and not Mosher and Kenwrong.

MKe or break this. Jury is out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back