2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Address why his age remit was binned. All well and good selective posting to bore me with... And while you at it address the remit of his signings!

I wouldnt say the age remit was binned, if there even was a remit. And if it was a remit, it's not as though Godfrey, Branthwaite and Nkounkou where all older players outside of the remit. The rest, or the ones that break the remit you speak of, I would imagine were signings made to keep the new manager sweet. Maybe a separate mini remit, as part of an agreement to back him and give a poor squad an instant boost of quality.

In terms of Brands remit on signings, I'm not privy. I would guess there is a general strategy, or remit if you will, to move away from breaking transfer records on players with no sell on value, and an adjacent remit to invest in young players we can develop. I would say both of those remits go hand in hand.

But that does not exclude signing anyone who does not fit in with either remit.

Are you saying that if you have a plan, or a remit, you must stick to said remit strictly, regardless of circumstances?

If they ain't gonna let him do the job he is paid for and select our next manager/head coach, then why on god's earth did we renew his contract?

It's madness - sadly, madness seems to be what our club excels at....

I feel his services were retained due to savvy negotiation skills as they're vital in keeping our most vital asset. So if he fully employs his charm I expect delph to sign a contract extension this summer.

Isn't a DoF meant to avoid the kind of the kind of identity crises we seems to lurch from and to and ensure some continuity regardless of the manager?

We even seem to be getting that wrong.

The boardroom need to back off and let this fella do his job properly.

Isn't a DoF meant to avoid the kind of the kind of identity crises we seems to lurch from and to and ensure some continuity regardless of the manager?

We even seem to be getting that wrong.

The boardroom need to back off and let this fella do his job properly.

He’s part of the board room now.

Makes me wonder if he agreed to take a step back and let others be more involved.... which seems to be the case with our recent managerial appointments and recruiting.

If the DoF has control why do we need to wait for a new manager to make signings and sell people.

Most pointless position at the club, he doesn't get the control he should have it seems to me.

If the DoF has control why do we need to wait for a new manager to make signings and sell people.

Most pointless position at the club, he doesn't get the control he should have it seems to me.
Firstly the window hasn’t opened and secondly, players will want to know who the manager is before they sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back