2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will know in the next couple of months how much influence he really has. If signings still happen and early on in the window, then it's probably fair to see he is leading the recruitment. If everything drags or we fail to bring in players, then it's probably fair to say that it was down to the managerial search.

If he isn't in charge of finding the new manager then there is very little point to his role. I'm yet to see any evidence of the DOF model working at Everton so that has to change right now.

Because Carlo Ancelotti wanted older players.
Entirely my point he is not working as DOF, this role supposedly sets the brand ethos style has over arching transfer policy to fit, it's supposed to bring continuity and not end up with mismatch of players suited for anything but next manager style of football. Crazy!

We will know in the next couple of months how much influence he really has. If signings still happen and early on in the window, then it's probably fair to see he is leading the recruitment. If everything drags or we fail to bring in players, then it's probably fair to say that it was down to the managerial search.

If he isn't in charge of finding the new manager then there is very little point to his role. I'm yet to see any evidence of the DOF model working at Everton so that has to change right now.
Common sense is in short 'kin' supply these days...

Entirely my point he is not working as DOF, this role supposedly sets the brand ethos style has over arching transfer policy to fit, it's supposed to bring continuity and not end up with mismatch of players suited for anything but next manager style of football. Crazy!

Yup been saying it from Day 1 I just don't believe he has the full control a DoF should have.

Other people say he does and he's just crap at his job but his achievements at AZ and PSV show to me he is competent at what he does.

Says it all really...

Still our last successful manager, how long ago how long since he managed, rather cozy directors chair at world beating Oldham... Was he talking in the capacity for Oldham, maintaining a good relations "networking", with Premier league club. Which is how many clubs such as Oldham go about there business.

Yup been saying it from Day 1 I just don't believe he has the full control a DoF should have.

Other people say he does and he's just crap at his job but his achievements at AZ and PSV show to me he is competent at what he does.
Dutch league is kindergarten stuff compared to EPL in its entirety some good stuff, but much flatters to deceive...

King was on yesterday and made some comments and everytime he referred to Brands as the Sporting Director whereas the interviewer was calling him DoF, maybe his role has changed, he certainly seems to lack the control others have.

King was on yesterday and made some comments and everytime he referred to Brands as the Sporting Director whereas the interviewer was calling him DoF, maybe his role has changed, he certainly seems to lack the control others have.

It's just not all that transparent really that's the issue.

However we know for sure Bill still holds too much power like bloody Senator Palpatine in the background.

The difficulty of the league doesn't make a difference to the processes required to be a successful DoF.

Winning the title with AZ against Ajax and PSV is like when Leicester won it over here.

Can't have that It does in everything, see it all the time in many lines of work and the Dutch league is just not comparable to premier league.

It's being Director of Football of a football team, improving them and changing their station.

Which league you're in is irrelevant to the work that gets done.
Big fish in the small pond is a thing, will always be. He is now in the big pond, and guess what, he ain't the biggest fish no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back