Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d risk bringing him in and getting relegated so he can clean house and reset in the Championship.

But to be honest, I think he’d keep us up this season anyway. Far too good of a manager. He might not be the ultimate long-term fix (see: Leeds burnout) but he’ll reset the club. We need it.

I'm pro Bielsa but would prefer someone like Tescardo.

Bielsa would be firworks and it will make for great viewing. He could quit in anger after watching this lot train after one session.
Either of them for me
If it means the start of a culture change (which is very much needed ) I'm all in.

Definitely no to Dyche , Fat Sam , Rooney or Big Dunc shouts.

Imagine how many injuries would rack up with high intensity biesla tactics, the players amass ample injuries now from turtle ball on the pitch and frolicking on the training ground with the occasional football tennis match

"ShOw SoMe AmBiTiOn, We NeEd TuChEl Or PoChEtInO!"

You people don't seem to realise that everyone in football knows just how much of a mess the Everton job is, and because they're sane and rational and are interested in preserving their careers won't come near this club for love or money.

Bielsa however is mentally ill....

I’d risk bringing him in and getting relegated so he can clean house and reset in the Championship.

But to be honest, I think he’d keep us up this season anyway. Far too good of a manager. He might not be the ultimate long-term fix (see: Leeds burnout) but he’ll reset the club. We need it.

“getting relegated” so he can reset

god sake

The thing with Bielsa is that he's a project man - he'll do well if he has a full year or two, but short term is a bit iffy. We're halfway doomed anyway so at any rate we might get some youths to play kamikazeball. You get some variety of formations but not to a tinkering extent and he's very clear about what he wants from his players (and also is one of those managers who actually value fans). Utter tosh about 'no defense' - problem is he needs defenders who can play football as well as be athletes and we have 0 of those, 1 if you count Godfrey and that's at a push. The season before it all went sour and they had about 73 injured players at the same time he had them midtable with the 5th best defense after coming straight up from the Championship.

He's also an absolute lunatic and I honestly love him as a character and think he'd fit well with us and our fan base. We still talk about Stracq because he gave it his all - Bielsa knows fans like that and will aim to have people at least putting the effort in every game.

Tedesco who people like is even more of a 1trick pony and when it doesn't work he gets fired lol Short term - a solid maybe. 3-4-2-1 or, get this, if it fails - 3-4-1-2! Practicality is out of the window and if it doesn't work - boy is it dire. His final games at Schalke were prime Lampardian Everton.

As far as choices go, Bielsa for me because he'll stay with us and has the potential (and mindset) to build a team that gives it 100%.

Trivia: Tedesco means "German" in Italian.
Defenders who play football? He had Liam Cooper who is a no nonsense (originally considered league 1 standard centre back) and pascal struijk. I think he can work with supposedly better centre backs than them.

D6ACA67F-28D3-40A2-BA56-A8D6313A7A68.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.