• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I expected us to lose a fair few but honestly thought we would play with a bit of pace, shots on goal, aggression.

We are absolutely woeful and regardless of the players it will fall on the manager.

They honestly might as well sack him now because he'll deffo be getting the boot in the summer of this continues

Who we get in I don't know anynore, we are utterly terrible at all things football related

The best signing might actually be Brands. Moshiri can’t be trusted to pick managers. Brands knows football and has better connections. Unfortunately, we’re honestly just a mediocre club who has, ironically, wasted millions of money on crap managers and crap players. Everton doing an Everton.

DyapztoWsAEo9Vw.jpg:large
We are not that desperate,....

We can’t fall into the cycle of just sacking managers as that only leads one way.

But I can’t think of a way to counter that re Silva at the minute. If he had even stopped us conceding from set pieces then it would have been an tangible improvement but we have seen nothing.

This isn’t looking good for him.
The top clubs sack managers for fun until one of them sticks. There's no reason we shouldn't either.

Hanging onto silva could ruin us longterm if we weren't already

The best thing Silva has going for him is that we've made so many managerial changes over the past few years that we now have to let someone have a longer leash. Other than that, I don't know what specific qualities he's shown that would make you think he's right for the job.

The top clubs sack managers for fun until one of them sticks. There's no reason we shouldn't either.

Hanging onto silva could ruin us longterm if we weren't already
Exactly. Chelsea sacked a manager who won them their first ever Champions League. I’m not saying we should ever get like that but if there’s no improvement on the last manager after 6 months then he has to go.

And compound the downward spirral of negativity - great

Are you seriously that deluded? We as a fanbase turn up week after week in our numbers expecting the team to perform well and the manager to inspire that confidence, we haven't seen that in over two months, the performances have been getting worse and worse and you're expecting people to be happy clappers? Do one mate

I guess if you don't think Gana is good, you would be frustrated at the manager. I suppose if you think Baines still has anything left in the tank, you might blame the manager. If you think Keane is a good CB, you might be frustrated at the manager. If you think Tom Davies and Gomes is a solid midfield combination, you might be frustrated at the manager. If you think Coleman is still an effective RB, you might be mad at the manager.

But look, he's got no Gana, Digne, Mina, and apparnet no Bernard - that he deserves criticism for.

I didn't like subbing off Walcott, I didn't like not playing Bernard, but otherwise, I though playing 4-3-3 with Siggy sitting deeper along with the other mids was the right move. Baines getting that terrible penalty and Keane committing a dumb foul isn't Silva's fault.

All well and good and may even be fair re individual mistakes not being manager fault.

However no apparent offensive plan, week after week of the system meaning freedom of the centre of the pitch for the opposition (regardless of who it is), players mentally shot, and game plan based on passing backwards absolutely are the managers fault - and it is nowhere near good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back