• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are basic levels of effort, organisation, and discipline that we are not seeing, and that's week in week out.

Everyone recognises the difficult circumstances that any manager will face, the bar is actually quite low but we still seem to sink below it almost every time.

I would rather we were compact and organised and be dull and boring if it meant that we were drilled and hard to beat. You build from the back.

Silva is offering nothing at all.

We were playing a decent side today but they are not Barcelona. We looked cowed against them.

There is no progress and we look ever more fragile mentally, if that's possible.

Silva looks finished here and he doesn't seem to have anything like the force of personality and assuredness we need.

More and more, we require a big personality. Someone needs to dominate the squad and have the gravitas to demand respect and total effort.

Mourinho you say?

It doesn't mean the team have to be openly hammered by the fans as it won't help - the underlying reasons need to be understood

Silva has made some good signings on the face of it. Is it confidence / tactics / lack of a striker??

Wolves are pretty good at the moment by the way - high confidence, supportive fanbase

Our main problem is that our players are talented idiots.

On paper this team is fine, loads of talented players in there. However they lack brains to a staggering level.

Take the Millwall game, Digne, one of our better and more talented players, did the same foul twice both of which resulted in goals.

Keane pulled a Huddersfield player down in the box last week in injury time, he got away with it, this week he pulled down a Wolves player for NO reason, they scored from it.

Our players can not seem to do such simple things as passing the ball in front of a player so he can receive the ball in his stride thus slowing our attacks down.
The amount of times we do this is quite frankly amazing for professional footballers.

Richarlison throwing himself to the ground when we are 3-1 down at home with 5 minutes to go. This does not benefit us in any way shape or form.
Pickford often receives passes back to him on his weaker foot (basics that) which he then proceeds to pump out of play. For some reason this never changes.

Our players never move into space, often get caught offside for no reason, never give an option for the passer and lose possession.

In short our players are THICK.

Give me a team of 11 intelligent players rather than a team of 11 talented players any day of the week. Talent will only get you so far and it causes a problem, going back to my original point, because the team looks alright on paper so we give them more chances.

Ashley ownership over 12 years -
6 managers
4 caretakers
2 relegation's.

Our worst position in the league has been 11th during that time.
Yeah, but since Moyes we’ve had 4 managers and 1 caretaker. Cannot see any difference, other than Ashley can at least make his club self-sustaining. Moshiri is just racking up massive debt, which he will be putting on the club.

People seem to think that billionaires want to flush all their money down the toilet at football clubs. I do not see Moshiri as that kind of owner. I think he will be wanting to make money from his investment.

What we need is a good manager who can stick to a budget, build a unified squad and overperform relative to his budget. We certainly have none of that at the moment.

And some morons on here are slagging off the fans who pay obscene money for the "privilege" of watching a team full of clueless, heartless, gutless and disinterested mercenaries. Give your heads a wobble you utter embarrassments.

Nowt wrong with a good booing in the right places.

Annoyingly the fans were up for it today, especially first half, they got rewarded with utter ineptness. No wonder they are quiet some games, may as well just cut straight to the chase and not bother with having any semblance of hope.

We will beat them for obvious reasons.
I just can't see it. They have far too much movement in their team with the pace of the wingers , it will rip us open with ease.

We aren't going to sit back against them because Silva doesn't do that, so we are relying on bossing the midfield and countering with I would imagine Calvert lewen richarldson and Walcott as the attack.

I just can't see that happening against the second best team in the league right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back