• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they're not. Far from it. They are the best two teams in the league but they're not the "only" two good teams.
Im a realist to the fact we beat a piss poor united side on a run of very poor perfomances and results. that doesnt make me go oh we beat united 4-0 therefore that makes us really good. Great day. Great result. But i can look at it more in context after.

Whatever you think of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, they're still in the top 6 and still miles ahead of us points-wise. Both home and away this year, we've given them pretty good games and to be honest the run of results in our away fixtures against Man Utd and Arsenal was a little harsh on us. We were also hard done by in the Anfield derby (due to the Pickford blunder) and played well against Liverpool at Goodison.

I think our performances against the top 6 teams have been good all season, whether they've been in a slump/run of poor form, or not. The problem was that the wheels fell off around Xmas (after the Anfield derby) and it took us a long time to get back on track. We need to be replicating those performances against the other teams, yes, but the fact we're capable of performing against those teams is encouraging.

No one went home thinking that. That is not what I said.

Then why are you struggling to get the point. It was a great day and a great result but there are other games i will base our improvement on other than a side with players who have no issue throwing their managers under the bus by strolling around with no fight in them.

Then why are you struggling to get the point. It was a great day and a great result but there are other games i will base our improvement on other than a side with players who have no issue throwing their managers under the bus by strolling around with no fight in them.

I’m not struggling to get any point, I know exactly what you’re saying. You’re basically saying we can’t count performances against Arsenal, Chelsea and United as signs of improvement because you’ve decided they’re all crap.

Whatever you think of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, they're still in the top 6 and still miles ahead of us points-wise. Both home and away this year, we've given them pretty good games and to be honest the run of results in our away fixtures against Man Utd and Arsenal was a little harsh on us. We were also hard done by in the Anfield derby (due to the Pickford blunder) and played well against Liverpool at Goodison.

I think our performances against the top 6 teams have been good all season, whether they've been in a slump/run of poor form, or not. The problem was that the wheels fell off around Xmas (after the Anfield derby) and it took us a long time to get back on track. We need to be replicating those performances against the other teams, yes, but the fact we're capable of performing against those teams is encouraging.

Well that there is the whole point. Its what i think of them when they came to Goodison. Soft belly sides. In a bizare way i wish they had come in more form and gave more of a test and we turned them over.
Its a measure for ourselves of how we have improved. I think it is a one off this season that very poor united arsenal and chelsea have came in the space of a few weeks to Goodison. I dont think many if deep down honest would say they were not. Take it all day long but the issue of improvement for me is when a team get at us and we still hold firm and get results.

Let’s flip this on its head.

Imagine if the results had been reversed:

Everton 0 - Chelsea 2
Everton 0 - Arsenal 1
Everton 0 - Man U 4

They’d be screaming from the rooftops that we still can’t / haven’t beaten any of the so called top six.

It’s just a constant cycle of never ending negativity spamming various threads.

It’s almost like they don’t *want* us to succeed because of petty, little things.

When he came in I was happy enough with the appointment. Especially after last season .
After the millwall game and that period I had serious doubts. Found it very hard to see how he could turn it around.
But he has. Yes there has been a few poor results but there have been some excellent results as well. And defensively we have been very good. So he can set up a team defensively. Goin forward we have shown plenty but need to be more ruthless . A couple of quality additions should help .
He deserves at least another season . Brands will I am sure find us better players and signing young players on the up is for me definitely the way to go.

You can only beat what is put in front of you.

Dont deny that. But if you beat a team in front of you that you know is poor and not up for it and havent been for weeks leading up to the game then you shouldnt always think well thats us automaticaly improved.
I can look at it objectively.

Let’s flip this on its head.

Imagine if the results had been reversed:

Everton 0 - Chelsea 2
Everton 0 - Arsenal 1
Everton 0 - Man U 4

They’d be screaming from the rooftops that we still can’t / haven’t beaten any of the so called top six.

It’s just a constant cycle of never ending negativity constantly spamming various threads.
Apparently its all 'consistency' now. Like they'd rather us lose to the big sides because it would be more consistent lol

It’s almost like they don’t *want* us to succeed because of petty, little things.

I can’t get my head around it.

Imagine if you were a youngster and you’d just seen us thrash Man for the first time in years, then your dad spends the whole journey home telling you it didn’t count as it’s a “ crap Man U “ and Silva is a fraud lol

Last edited:
Well that there is the whole point. Its what i think of them when they came to Goodison. Soft belly sides. In a bizare way i wish they had come in more form and gave more of a test and we turned them over.
Its a measure for ourselves of how we have improved. I think it is a one off this season that very poor united arsenal and chelsea have came in the space of a few weeks to Goodison. I dont think many if deep down honest would say they were not. Take it all day long but the issue of improvement for me is when a team get at us and we still hold firm and get results.

Well everyone thinks Chelsea should’ve been 18-0 up at half time against us so they can’t have played that badly can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back