• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure it’s been an average season but I’ve enjoyed a lot of the football we have recently played.After the Millwall game I wanted him gone but he has improved the defensive side of things in the last 9 games ,which was my main reason for wanting him gone.
It’s pretty obvious that he will be here next season,whatever people think. Again very obvious but he has to ensure that we get into Europe next year and progress in both cups,a final should be a must. If he doesn’t achieve that then fair enough get rid but at least until then let’s accept he is our manager.

Plus he left the immersion on
( that’s an Irish thing ) lol

Off topic but I moved into a house a few years ago, didn't know what an immersion heater was. I flicked the switch on it thinking it was just to keep the water warm. Left it on for a month or so. The smell of the insulation melting (burning) alerted me to it. The electric bill nearly finished me! Ha ha!

On to Marco. I'm a massive fan. Always have been. I think his record is outstanding, including his time at hull and even at Watford when he left them in their highest ever league position. Make the most of him. Next season I think we will kick on once more and there will be plenty of suitors sniffing about. Given his track record of changing clubs regularly, my only real criticism of him, I fear he won't be here for long. But we will be in a far, far better place for the time he spent at our club. Of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

Oh I think you are very, very bothered mate.
You’re implying I care more about being right on the internet than Everton being a successful team.

Bit weird, not what I’d expect from you either. It’s my opinion that he isn’t good enough for us, I’ve put my reasons forward for thinking this. Debate them by all means, but you shouldn’t be suggesting I don’t want Everton to do well.

I need to make a point about these missed opportunities a la Fulham and Palace etc. because I keep seeing this and EVERY club bar city and Liverpool have those results in them.

What are your expectations. Win every game v the teams below us and then say 50% points from games v top 6?

What’s your benchmark?

Since the Liverpool game when our form picked up and people have seen an improvement we’ve played 8 games. Won 4, drawn 2 and lost 2. 14 points from 24. During that time we’ve played a fairly good mix of title contenders, European contenders, mid table teams and relegation candidates and had a fair mix of home and away.

Extrapolated across the course of a season that would put us on c66 points. Which would put us probably top 4 challengers.

If we were to have won those two games we lost we’d be on 20. Which would be 95 over a season. Which is challenging for a title.

I’m more than happy with the reality and I think the latter is massively unrealistic. We are going to drop points.

Enjoy the improvement. It’s clear as day. Try to be less entrenched in your view as I honestly think your expectations are too high.

Edited cos I messed up a sum.
My expectations were 7th and possibly a cup run.

Wolves are getting 7th and Brighton, Wolves and Watford has cup runs.

If my expectations were too high, we are in serious trouble.

You’re implying I care more about being right on the internet than Everton being a successful team.

Bit weird, not what I’d expect from you either. It’s my opinion that he isn’t good enough for us, I’ve put my reasons forward for thinking this. Debate them by all means, but you shouldn’t be suggesting I don’t want Everton to do well.

But you ignore any thing remotely positive, harp on about what he did at lesser clubs, and continuously bring up the set backs.

Like I said, you are looking for, (hoping for) stuff to back you up.

Thats weird.

Here we go again. What a ridiculous post.

Who asked for the double?

Fans have every right to be disappointed at this garbage season. We registered form comparable with Huddersfield and Fulham for a good portion of it.

Silva has everything to prove that he deserves this job. Personally, I don’t think he’s up to it and his past CV in English football doesn’t bring me much confidence, either.

Why are you so hung up on positions and hung up on what other teams have done. Silva came in to rebuild and play a certain sustainable style. The pieces were not going to all fall in place immediately. The ones expecting top 6 were obviously going to be bitterly disappointed but many of us have seen a change in style and a group of players gathering an understanding. I would rather us adopt a style of trying to win matches than the non-progressive style of getting a point at all costs backs to wall play. Silvas first season for me has been steady progress on the pitch and I didn't give a jot about position at this early stage of building.

Some fans want everything to happen immediately and they are usually the ones crying on here. Unrealistic fans

Why are you so hung up on positions and hung up on what other teams have done. Silva came in to rebuild and play a certain sustainable style. The pieces were not going to all fall in place immediately. The ones expecting top 6 were obviously going to be bitterly disappointed but many of us have seen a change in style and a group of players gathering an understanding. I would rather us adopt a style of trying to win matches than the non-progressive style of getting a point at all costs backs to wall play. Silvas first season for me has been steady progress on the pitch and I didn't give a jot about position at this early stage of building.

Some fans want everything to happen immediately and they are usually the ones crying on here. Unrealistic fans
It's as if people forget the mess Koeman and Allardyce left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back