• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you ignore any thing remotely positive, harp on about what he did at lesser clubs, and continuously bring up the set backs.

Like I said, you are looking for, (hoping for) stuff to back you up.

Thats weird.

You banned me for saying the poo word last week. And you're taking this barrage of guff? From Mr. Ego > Everton.

It's as if people forget the mess Koeman and Allardyce left

That's it in a nutshell.

If that pathetic run over the winter had been in Silva's second season, then I reckon their arguments would be fair. If we have another diabolical run like that next year then patience with Silva will rightly be thin.

But I dunno what people expected this year. This season was about laying the foundations for pushing forward in the next couple of years. Getting our recruitment back on track. Reducing numbers in the squad. Creating a new style of play. One completely the opposite of the cowardly anti football of last season.

It's not been great. The cups were an absolute disgrace quite frankly. But I think we've made progress in most of the key areas.

Would I like to have seen better? Obviously.

Did I expect much more this season? Not really. I remember watching us get tanked at Blackburn in pre season and thought it could be far worse.

Is Silva the right man? I don't know. But he deserves more time based on the past 2 months. I hope he proves a success.

Why shouldn’t I expect 7th? It’s our average Premier League finishing position. A newly promoted team will finish there this season. Is that too much to ask for?
Our average over what period?

Over the last 5 seasons we’ve finished 7th once. And that’s been our highest finish.

I’d have expected 7th from the moyes teams before that but they were 10 years in the making.

And there has been a huge regime shift since then due to the money floating around. The teams below the top few are a lot closer together.

So I’m not sure why you expected it. I can understand why it might have been the best we could realistically hope for. But expected, nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back