• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we might establish a meaningful basis for objective analysis of Marco’s abilities if we give him til the next Blue Chrimbo.
Bobby ‘got’ Blue Chrimbo...and I’ve yet to see Marco embrace it with similar gusto.
If he puts on a blue Santa suit and visits various L4 orphanages and work houses, then I’m pretty sure Blue Bill will give him a big tick...and we will all embrace him and take him into our figurative bosom.

Silva may not have lost the dressing room however, he does need leaders on the pitch, I just don't see those classical Captains and leaders...
We need a statement player in the middle of the pitch. Nasty, snidey, dominating, dishing out rollickings to players who don't reach his standards. A Roy Keane, a Patrick Viera, a Peter Reid. Heck, even a James Milner would be better than what we have at the moment.

I’m struggling to understand how so many bang average footballers can have been assembled for so much money. We’re crying out for a nutter like PVDH, someone opposition players don’t want to go near. Failing that, someone on the pitch to put a rocket up some of these slackers, cos’ I can’t see Marco doing it.​

Something not right about you

Just repeating what gets talked about in the pub and in work.

And it's a fact too, however you look at it. We are doing less well this season than last.

Now I brought it up to Mikeh as a continuation of a discussion we had a few weeks back.

Nor are you likely too any time soon.

At any club.

That breed of player is fast becoming extinct.

it's a shame, I used to love the proper midfield generals, they were the driving force on the field, they were the players who didn't hide and made sure their team mates couldn't either. All too precious now with their millions. I think it's one part of the game we are worse off for not having it. Especially a team like ours who are petrified of the crowd. You'd have been told to pack your stuff and bog off if you aren't up for a fight in days gone by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back