Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
For that alone he should not be anywhere near consideration. It will be like Martinez/Koeman and feckin Allardyce all rolled onto one.
I knew his defensive record wasn't great but when you see those stats you have to seriously question why we should be considering him.

An awful lot of people, including the normally sagacious @davek and @Zatara, are far too readily turning a blind eye to the farcical nature of Hull’s relegation after they looked safe and Watford already starting to come down from the new manager bounce weeks before we started chasing him.

I would have him all right.....Koeman and Allardyce have ground me down this season.

But I think it is a real leap in the dark :pint2:

Exactly.

Rather than being excited I can only be a bit meh

Silva’s teams play attacking football and are pleasing on the eye, but defensively it is alike how Martinez set up his teams. We don’t have the personnel to play attacking football, neither do we have a defensive structure to build from the back. Silva is out of contract and for once we wouldn’t have to pay compensation, but I’m not sure he is the man to take us forward.

Attractive football - count me in

But the problem is constantly going for failures on the back of them being polar opposites is a recipe for failure:

Martinez left - "ah he was too soft and couldn't defend we need a tough SOB manager who can defend"

We got Koeman - "ah he was too hard on the players and lost the dressing room/didnt get the club we need a manager who's one of us and who gets us

We got Unsworth- "ah he isnt cut out for the job we need an experienced manager who can get back to basics"

We got Alladyce "ah he's utterly dire we need anyone who can play good attacking football"

We got Martin...

That my point our fanbase need to stop accepting the same crap and demand the board hears our apathy we need a good manager someone who can attack AND defend otherwise its going to be the same old cycle next season or so guaranteed.

Silva's managerial record on goals conceded per match for last 5 years:

Portugese second division 0.67
Portuguese first division 1.23
Portuguese first division 0.87
Portuguese first division 0.85
Greek first division 0.53
Premier League 1.90

So generally pretty good until he gets to the Premier League and then shocking. Can he not handle the different style of play in the Premiership, has he been found out and can't operate in this league? Big gamble for Everton to find the definitive answer to that question.

Fonseca's goals against looks pretty good. Silva's record in Premier League is very poor.

Matches 42
Wins 13
Draws 8
Losses 21
Goals For 53
Goals Against 80

Doesn't look great, but Mourinho and Guardiola also may have struggled with keeping clean sheets with Miguel Britos, Craig Cathcart, Adrian Mariappa, Michael Dawson and Curtis Davies in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back