Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be funny if we dont even go for Silva, imagine if he has sat around since Watford rightly binned him off, waiting for our call, and he dosent even get it, and Watford get no compo haha the next few weeks are going to be more entertainment then last football season
Low bar.

yes he works best like that. probly why he struggled abit at united as I don't think they use a traditional DoF do they?
Ed Woodward served some of the functions but no they don’t have a traditional DoF, don’t think Jose is particularly keen for them to appoint one either!

But Van Gaal’s issues at United were less to do with recruitment than with his managerial style and playing philosophy of somewhat sterile possesion, not quite sure how a classic DoF would have helped in his tenure.

Having put 2M eggs a year in one basket it would be something to spend 2X that on a manager who can’t work with a DoF ... Everton?

it just doesn't add up.

why take a huge risk on someone who hasn't worked within a system when there are loads of free managers, van gaal, emery etc etc who thrive under a DoF.

I honestly thought Silva was under raiola , hence why he is involved with us and Brands... it turns out he isn't .

Ed Woodward served some of the functions but no they don’t have a traditional DoF, don’t think Jose is particularly keen for them to appoint one either!

But Van Gaal’s issues at United were less to do with recruitment than with his managerial style and playing philosophy of somewhat sterile possesion, not quite sure how a classic DoF would have helped in his tenure.

a classic Dof would have been there to help with transfers and decision making regards style of play. I see woodwood as a deal maker, like levy is at spurs and that's it.

I honestly think a real DoF drives the club waaay more than we actually anticipate.

he did struggle with signings, well getting the right players in if I remember correctly. van gaal probly wasn't used to having to sort out and scout players whilst managing the team too.

as I see it, moshiri has chased after Silva , rightly or wrongly , and now doesn't want to lose face by totally ignoring him now that we are looking for a new manager.

I hope I'm wrong, because nothing suggests to me that Silva would fit in this new position under a new regime that he hasn't used before.

I get the impression that Brands is very hands on, and ive read reports he likes to get involved in training too.

a classic Dof would have been there to help with transfers and decision making regards style of play. I see woodwood as a deal maker, like levy is at spurs and that's it.

I honestly think a real DoF drives the club waaay more than we actually anticipate.

he did struggle with signings, well getting the right players in if I remember correctly. van gaal probly wasn't used to having to sort out and scout players whilst managing the team too.
He did much better with the youth team players than he did with the signings so can see your logic that classic DoF might have been better at scouting for players to fit his style than Woodward would have been.

But LVG had quite set ideas on style of play, or at least by the time he got to United he did, and no DoF would have changed them. I watched quite a lot of United games under his tenure and honestly there weren’t a big improvement in excitement on Sam’s recent exploits despite having considerably better material to work with, I’d be very depressed if he was lined up for next season.

He did much better with the youth team players than he did with the signings so can see your logic that classic DoF might have been better at scouting for players to fit his style than Woodward would have been.

But LVG had quite set ideas on style of play, or at least by the time he got to United he did, and no DoF would have changed them. I watched quite a lot of United games under his tenure and honestly there weren’t a big improvement in excitement on Sam’s recent exploits despite having considerably better material to work with, I’d be very depressed if he was lined up for next season.

I agree with your analysis of his performance, but he HAS won titles working with Brands in the dutch league.

and I agree with his united performances were akin to watching Allardyce at times, but he did win them the FA Cup!

I agree with your analysis of his performance, but he HAS won titles working with Brands in the dutch league.

and I agree with his united performances were akin to watching Allardyce at times, but he did win them the FA Cup!

Thing is some of the football Jose has played has also been very hard on the eyes, but while he picks up trophies, so it balanced out, i could easily watch a season of Fat Sams footy if there was a pot at the end of it

Thing is some of the football Jose has played has also been very hard on the eyes, but while he picks up trophies, so it balanced out, i could easily watch a season of Fat Sams footy if there was a pot at the end of it
I also think we would see a much much different van gaal at Everton, than we saw at united.

not as much pressure and working in a familiar role with people or a person he has won things with in the past, they obv work well together one can assume, and it would be much much less of a gamble than hiring a Silva type that is not used to working with a DoF at all.

He's our manager next week.

Deal with it. Clean yourselves up, stop fantasying about garbage gaffers like Howe, Van Gaal and Dyche and get behind the beautiful Portuguese man.

You'll feel a lot better about yourself.

My one moment of sympathy for Van Gaal came after it as Ed Woodward made his winning press conference all about his likelihood of getting sacked to be replaced by Jose!

Martinez also won a FA cup with much worse players and much more entertaining football, perhaps we should get him back if he does well at the World Cup ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back