Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that worth what precisely? You’ve just spent a fortune to come 8th under BFS. It’s what is happening now that matters, not before. I don’t care if you’ve won the league 2 times, 200 times or never at all. I really couldn’t care less. Trading off past glories is a fairly feeble way forward.
Yes, we've had a terrible season, one of the worst in recent memory...

...and we finished 8th.

I think that says it all.

And that worth what precisely? You’ve just spent a fortune to come 8th under BFS. It’s what is happening now that matters, not before. I don’t care if you’ve won the league 2 times, 200 times or never at all. I really couldn’t care less. Trading off past glories is a fairly feeble way forward.
I think destroying other clubs’ seasons by turning their managers’ heads is the best way forward personally.

I agree with what the forum member has said above - I didn’t even mean to come on here to get involved in this type of silly petty back and forth.

Merely to just express my views from the other side of the coin and I apologise for getting drawn into stupid tangents about stuff that doesn’t even matter.

I have never denied that you are a bigger club. With a richer history. I’m merely saying that doesn’t grant you the right to do as you wish as a club and there seems to be some noses put out of joint and some selective reading of the story from some.

I apologise for my part in any shenanigans.

Of course we don't. But I'm still not sure we did anything wrong. Asking about a manager isn't some horrible thing, it commonplace.

Much like asking for Doucoure. That's wouldn't be horrible, asking and all...

It’s what is happening now that matters.

*Everton are moving into a prime location of Liverpool, on the docks, with a brand new potential 60,000 seater stadium. Surrounded by land that will have huge investment over the next five years and rail links.
*Everton have finally got an owner who is investing into the club. Something that hasn't happened since the early 90's.
*Everton have just appointed Marcel Brands as director of football.
*Everton in the community is coming on strong and getting better and better.
*The iconic "Liverbird" buildings are owned by Moshiri, and Everton staff are moving in, in the next few months.

Big things are happening at this football club. Finally. And Marcel Brands becoming DOF has in my opinion thrown Marco Silva out of the running. I think the media is totally wrong on this one. The favorite to get this job is LVG. If he accepts.

My night is run here for tonight. It’s tiring mixing with fans of such a huge club.
So you come on here all guns blazing on your high horse accusing our club of all sorts of devious wrong doing, then as soon as someone provides a link that shows YOUR owners let’s just say, very shady and dare I say, criminal? activities for which you got heavily fined, you ignore him and duck out for the evening?

Figures.

I agree with what the forum member has said above - I didn’t even mean to come on here to get involved in this type of silly petty back and forth.

Merely to just express my views from the other side of the coin and I apologise for getting drawn into stupid tangents about stuff that doesn’t even matter.

I have never denied that you are a bigger club. With a richer history. I’m merely saying that doesn’t grant you the right to do as you wish as a club and there seems to be some noses put out of joint and some selective reading of the story from some.

I apologise for my part in any shenanigans.

I’m not overly concerned about the Watford complaint mate.

If they had a smoking gun in terms of evidence, the PL wouldn’t have invited both parties to mediation and told them to sort it out amongst themselves, if evidence was water tight. If there is clear evidence of a violation the PL are in breach of their own rules by not sanctioning and taking the mediation route.

Realistically Everton aren’t going to turn down a PL request to attend a facilitated mediation meeting, but suggesting that Everton are at fault here and have been bending over backwards to appease Watford is wildly speculative.

They could have just sat there and denied any liability, probably the case if there was no resolution. I’ve seen quotes published today saying that at the meeting it was said they had no intention of appointing Silva as manager, that is different then saying they would definitely not appoint him and it’s not in breach of rules to change an intention.

It all boils down to Watfords burden to provide proof really.

I also note it’s largely the London papers running the story, makes me think it’s a Watford media drop.

I think we’re safe in the Liver Building at the moment, unless Watford have a smoking gun. Given the trajectory of sketchy speculative events as reported, I think the PL would have escalated this a lot sooner and not gone through mediation if there was a smoking gun of evidence for a clear breach.

We’ve called your bluff really.

That’s how I read it.

It’s funny seeing Watford taking the moral high ground here, there was no such moral outrage when the Pozzos were sending ringers over from Udinese or Granada on “loans” to gerrymander the championship and get to the PL.

I think we would do well not to be taking advice on footballing morals, ethics when it comes to clubs of Watfords ilk and shady dealings.

Last edited:
Anyway back to Silva he has it all to prove again but he has alot of potential. The position we are in I suspect it's difficult to even get your Emery's and Fonseca's of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back