Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the hope of defusing the nature of this, I will answer this honestly...
If that’s the case then sincerely, fair enough. If the PL investigate and nothing is found to have been untoward, I will happily come here on take both barrels.

I understand the burden of proof is upon us. But as has been said a bit on here - no one knows what happened. So any suggestions from myself or any of you to the contrary are just whispers in the wind.

What I will say is that as a fan of WFC, I likely have a better idea of how our club is run and how our board operate. Much the same as you with your club. And I can say very honestly that whilst our owner has had his fair share of scrapes in Italy, he’s been found guilty of precisely none. Indeed the payouts in his favour have been numerous. We got caught up in a very dodgy story over here regarding a fake letter - we were guilty but it was negligent on the owners part, nothing more. The guy he employed as chairman was at fault and swiftly removed and said chairman admitted the owner had no knowledge of what happened prior.

Whilst I can’t say it with certainty, but I do say it with confidence, is that our owner is very unlikely to have gone to the PL with just a few poor results as evidence as to what happened. He is a Harvard educated lawyer before all this. He will know all about burden of proof and supplying evidence.

But again, and finally, I will say that none of us know for sure. Not me. None of you. And anyone claiming otherwise with certainty makes themselves look stupid.

Let’s see what happens.

Your manager when asked if he'd had contact from Everton said no. Your fans were using that as the proof he wasn't interested in taking a "backward step" to Everton from the lofty lower half end of season place of Watford.

Whatever "side" of the story you want to give here, it would be nuts if anyone found in Watfords favour here. How could the football world work, if you cannot approach someone 6 months after they'd been sacked and are a free agent without risking being fined. How would anyone ever appoint a manager again?

I have no issue with tapping up rules and they should be enforced. However if a fella is out of work, it seems ridiculous clubs can't approach them. It's a major restriction of trade and nobody could ever make an appointment.

Top 7. Coining a new popular phrase there just to make yourself sound like you deserve to be in the company of the other 6? You fool no one but yourselves with such claims.

We may be tinpot, or small, or lacking in history or anything you wish to throw at us. But at least we know our place. And if you believe all the things you say about us, then we are punching well above our weight whilst consistently taking points off you each season. I’d say that says far more about you and your illusions of grandeur than it does about how insignificant we are. You are a dying power that never really was.

I've got nothing against Watford.

However we have regularly finished in the top 8 over the last 15 years. We have won more league titles than Chelsea, Spurs and City. We have regularly finished above all 3 in the nine too distant past.

I have no idea the basis with which you say we cannot put ourselves in alongside Spurs. That seems a ludicrous statement, and I'd love to see you try to defend it. What exactly have Spurs done, that we haven't over the last 10 years?

Silva resigned from Hull on the 25th of May and was hired by Watford on the 27th.

They'd definitely had contact while he was employed at Hull.

Yeah however Hull were relegated officially on May 14th I think with one game to go, if that article is believed Watford claim he had a clause allowing Silva to speak to other parties once relegated so possibly those 10 or so days Watford had contact.

It'll be the date drafted on that contract offer that will prove guilt as I assume once officially down thats when they could open talks (14th may)

Top 7. Coining a new popular phrase there just to make yourself sound like you deserve to be in the company of the other 6? You fool no one but yourselves with such claims.

We may be tinpot, or small, or lacking in history or anything you wish to throw at us. But at least we know our place. And if you believe all the things you say about us, then we are punching well above our weight whilst consistently taking points off you each season. I’d say that says far more about you and your illusions of grandeur than it does about how insignificant we are. You are a dying power that never really was.
'You know your place'? Jesus you southerners are so deferential, a right bunch of cap doffers. It's why I hate you so much.

Are you your clubs lawyer? Because if not, I’d say you have no idea what our evidence is. It’s fairly staggering that a large proportion of your fans seem to think our club is stupid enough to make an official complaint to the PL with little note than some poor results to back it up.

I doubt our clubs lawyer posts here.

If you had a substantive complaint it's likely to have gone in before. Your manager when asked if he'd had any contact with Everton stated "no" at every time of being asked.

I would imagine, legally speaking you are going to struggle on this. The delusion in this seems to be from Watford fans, who seem believe their jokers at board level, are some sort of football geniuses, greedily after a few quid from manager you poached and sacked. It's shameful behaviour.

I’m not saying they don’t matter. But when I’m trying to talk about the issue at hand, they mean precisely nothing so are unimportant to me. I have no issue with you being proud of the history of your club and it’s achievements. Although, given the actual subject matter, I’m not sure you should be talking about your clubs ‘class’...certainly not over this issue.

And I’d happily never hear us play that song again and most WFC fans agree.

So what's your evidence that we have lacked "class" on this? It seems you are throwing a lot of accusations about as ever with zero to back it up?

Because the biggest part of this is the fact that just last month your suits met ours and still offered to pay us off. You’d have to be mental to think that’s done just to be polite or out of the kindness of Moshiri’s heart. It’s fairly obvious when reading between the lines that you’ve done wrong and you know we have evidence of it - that is why.

No it's not. It's obvious we would have met to ensure a smooth and quick transition rather than waiting for the break period to come into fruition. We offered a million.

I wish you'd stop trying to falsify information to present a ridiculous and factually incorrect narrative.

You won a game against us 34 years ago. Seen it. Congratulations. Time to start living in the modern world though. History, bigger club...heard it all before and to me it means precisely nothing. I’m not here to argue with you all or have history lessons. Just giving you a perspective from the other side of the story as you all seem fairly convinced your massive, have done nothing wrong or are seemingly above rules.

Either way, I’m not too bothered. This whole story doesn’t make your club look good at all.

Forget the bigger nonsense, I've got no time for that. You have decided Everton are guilty based on no evidence.

When you can present evidence of wrongdoing you can come and Lord it over people. Until that moment Id urge you stop coming up with nonsense and using it to attack the club. If you have evidence present it, but nobody is interested in hearsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back