Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious this. Haven't read it all yet, but I'm getting some angry little hornet bloke buzzing around and acting all sanctimonious about how wronged they've been - a manager may or may not have had their head turned by another team? The same team who's hot seat is about as safe as Oscar Pistouris's when he hears the water flush - what have they done to suggest longevity in the managerial role? Not my team, but is it ten managers since the underperforming Dyche was replaced by the smiling happy go lucky unable to win many football matches as a manager of Gianfranco Zola?

Can't remember many of the other lucky incumbents in that particular revolving dugout, Mckinlay for a spell? Flores was it, the other Italian who's English was worse than Joey Barton's French. So, if the lad didn't exactly think Watford was a club that offered managers time - and at 40 Silva ain't shy at upping sticks and seeing what else is on offer - it was hardly the break up of a marriage like Ferguson/Wenger proportion was it? More like fingering her, moving on and telling your mates before Z cars had finished. Who told who, who did what to whom is the question? Best ask Elton eh? I guess that's why the call us the Blues.

Ps - Andy Gray told me he fouled Sherwood as well (and Sharp was offside if you watch the replay).
I certainly didn’t

I feel for their fans. It’s tough losing a manager or player the way they did. I still hope their club get relegated to another dimension and never to be seen again. Their owners are shady little sharts and Troy Deeney gives me nightmares.

I'm pretty certain that no club would ask permission to talk with a manager/player without prior knowledge that the said manager/player is already willing to join them....I'd say this happens approx 100% of the time.

I'd go as far to say that Watford (shock horror) indulge in this practise too.

The only problem with a points deduction is I'm struggling to see where we get the 111 points needed for us to win the league, I only make it 108 on first pass

Bascombe:

Marco Silva will head to Merseyside for more talks with Everton next week as he edges closer to becoming the club's new manager.

Talks between Everton and Silva have advanced significantly since the departure of Sam Allardyce, and there is every chance the next man will be in post sooner rather than later.

Silva has been the number one target of the club going back to last October when Ronald Koeman was sacked, and with the 40-year-old out of work since his dismissal at Watford in January there is no obstacle to his appointment.

The only complication is his former club’s ongoing complaint about an alleged illegal approach in the immediate aftermath of Koeman’s sacking.

Everton must decide whether to negotiate further with Watford before making an appointment – that could delay the formalities of an announcement until such time all parties can agree compensation.

Alternatively, there is no contractual reason why Silva can not be confirmed in post with negotiations between Everton and Watford - which started last April - continuing independently.

Watford would argue Everton’s appointment of the Portuguese coach supports their case.

Everton would have liked to appoint Silva in November, but were refused permission by Watford who later sacked him believing he had been distracted by the possibility of moving to Goodison Park.

Despite interest in his services from several clubs, he has not been tempted to return to football since January – the suspicion lingered he was awaiting further developments at the end of this season in the hope and expectation the Everton vacancy would re-emerge.

Despite Allardyce signing an 18 month deal, Silva’s availability cast a shadow over his reign. The Everton board – and fans – were clearly attracted by the prospect of a younger coach who could implement a longer-term plan.

Neither Silva nor Everton will want to waste time getting on with the job as the squad is in need of reshaping before pre-season.

Watford fans on that forum,seem to be happy about seeing this lol
I dont get why are they so bothered about a boss who is not there,when they have had a different one for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back