Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
No im pretty sure Silva sees us as a stepping stone also mate.

Thing is - I'm fine with anyone seeing us as a stepping stone because if they want to go on to bigger things they need to perform with us first. e.g Lukaku, gave us four good years and if it weren't for the snide interviews he'd have moved on knowing he'd done professional job at the club. The difference is this is our manager we're talking about and he goes off results not performances.

Thing is - I'm fine with anyone seeing us as a stepping stone because if they want to go on to bigger things they need to perform with us first. e.g Lukaku, gave us four good years and if it weren't for the snide interviews he'd have moved on knowing he'd done professional job at the club. The difference is this is our manager we're talking about and he goes off results not performances.

I know fam, ive no issue with people with ambition, I never have.

First and only post in this thread...not a fan, hope we have better lined up.

Not a chance we do, we wouldnt be having handbags with Watford if we had somebody else lined up.

Im not a fan myself, hes got a very patchy record for me, BUT, I do think he could do alright here, with the right players, recruitment will be key, it looks like he gets the players playing good football, it sadly doesnt always continue, but if they players buy into the tactics hes got the required skills, whether hes got that extra 10% thats needed to be special is unlikely, but he will get my full support, for at least a full season, no great expections really, bar improvement.

Improve results
Improve cup runs
Improve league placing

If he can get some silky fussball in there great, if not, as long as he gets results, I will support the judas rat.

Not a chance we do, we wouldnt be having handbags with Watford if we had somebody else lined up.

Im not a fan myself, hes got a very patchy record for me, BUT, I do think he could do alright here, with the right players, recruitment will be key, it looks like he gets the players playing good football, it sadly doesnt always continue, but if they players buy into the tactics hes got the required skills, whether hes got that extra 10% thats needed to be special is unlikely, but he will get my full support, for at least a full season, no great expections really, bar improvement.

Improve results
Improve cup runs
Improve league placing

If he can get some silky fussball in there great, if not, as long as he gets results, I will support the judas rat.

If he comes in I'd rather Coleman, Baines and Jags move on...they've put too much of themselves in to this club to waste their remaining years on what is basically another chancer.

Just cling on to Brands.

He could, COULD be the difference.

We are miles behind frandel, oceans behind, its going to take some astute work to bridge the gap, you honestly just gotta hope for the best, like we have for the last 30 years.

Mate we’re not that doom. Our squad is not terrible, just unbalance with the wrong type of players playing in an ineffective system. I can see us spending only 150m to 200m and have a very good squad capable of challenging the TOP 5.

Mate we’re not that doom. Our squad is not terrible, just unbalance with the wrong type of players playing in an ineffective system. I can see us spending only 150m to 200m and have a very good squad capable of challenging the TOP 5.

The difference is currently massive tho.

Look at the top 6, they all mostly have exceptional managers and most of them have at least 2 really exceptional players.

We are about to appoint a decent manager and we have some decent players, some of them you might even consider good.

I mean sure that could all change with some clever recruitment, but its a massive ask.

The difference is currently massive tho.

Look at the top 6, they all mostly have exceptional managers and most of them have at least 2 really exceptional players.

We are about to appoint a decent manager and we have some decent players, some of them you might even consider good.

I mean sure that could all change with some clever recruitment, but its a massive ask.

Massive clear out needed mate, we can recoup 60m to 80m by doing that. Spend another 150m on top of that and we are looking at a very strong squad. Not unrealistic.

Will this be fine for you?
Koulibaly 60m
Kluvert 25m
Tierney 30m
Icardi 100m

Icardi
Kluvert Lookman onyekuro
Gana siggy
Tierney Holgate koulibaly Coleman

Massive clear out needed mate, we can recoup 60m to 80m by doing that. Spend another 150m on top of that and we are looking at a very strong squad. Not unrealistic.

Will this be fine for you?
Koulibaly 60m
Kluvert 25m
Tierney 30m
Icardi 100m

Icardi
Kluvert Lookman onyekuro
Gana siggy
Tierney Holgate koulibaly Coleman

I like the fact that this lad is seen as a good player when he hasn’t even kicked a ball in the premiership, also wasn’t he critisied by his own manager last year for not working hard enough or having poor positional sense?!

I like the fact that this lad is seen as a good player when he hasn’t even kicked a ball in the premiership, also wasn’t he critisied by his own manager last year for not working hard enough or having poor positional sense?!

To be a good player, you need to kick a ball in the premiere league? Ok

Mirallas and Schneiderlin did worst mate, you’re picking on the wrong player.

To be a good player, you need to kick a ball in the premiere league? Ok

Mirallas and Schneiderlin did worst mate, you’re picking on the wrong player.
I’m just saying let’s hold judgment, Klassen has taught us that!

Not sure what your point is with Mirallas and Schneiderlin. Anyway back on topic...

Knows how to beat the RS with a team we constantly sneer at.
Watching his Watford side on the TV in Brick battle the RS to a draw first game of the season a good few around us reckoned he'd be a decent fit with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back