Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried watching that Marco Silva Tifo Tactics thing on YouTube, essentially it was a 4-5-1 built around Snivelley, so I had to turn it off

Unbelievable the negativity. Some people on here think we are Barcelona or Real Madrid. No top managers want this job. They will wait like Tuchel did until the right opportunity comes along and they come quicker now than ever. People go look at the top 6 managers before they got their big breaks.

Pep Barcelona B manager before being promoted Barcelona first Team
Mourinho Benfica 9 games and resigned then Uniao de Leira 6months, Then Porto
Pochettino Espanyol 3 seasons sacked when bottom of league then Southampton 8th position, then Spurs
Klopp Mainz 7 seasons including being relegated Then Dortmund
Conte Arezzo sacked after 3 months, Bari promotion, Atalanta resigned in 19th,Siena then Juventus
Wenger Nancy relegated after 3 seasons, Monaco won League then sacked, Grampus Eight, Then Arsenal

As you can see from above none had great cv before getting their big breaks.

Imagine the fume when we resign him.;)

Oh god, just imagine that.

No fortunately looking at that youtube thing, the role is made for Siggurdson. He plays actual wingers on the wing - so that's Walcott and Lookman / whoever-isn't-Bolasie-that-comes-in with big Tosun up-front

When you look at that clip, the standout changes would be where Schneiderlin and the two centre-backs are, as they just don't fit.

I wouldn't fancy Wayne Rooney's chances much in there either.

Fantastic managers don't get relegated and sacked two seasons in a row.

He might become fantastic, although I think that will never happen, but he certainly isn't considered a fantastic manager by anyone but the few.

He has won a couple of crap trophies, been relegated and sacked, basically his reputation is worse than martinez when he arrived (Martinez was linked with jobs such as united, The RS etc before he moved to everton, did a fantastic job at swansea, won a big trophy at wigan of all clubs).

Basically he is a crap version of martinez U.N.O.

His defending is just at bad as martinez, but he isn't as good at setting up an attack, isn't as charismatic and genuine as martinez, by all accounts he is disrespectful to his clubs - going missing for 3 days, quiting when it gets back or as soon as the first offer comes through. I mean the guy averages less than a season at a club the last 4 years!

meanwhile martinez (forget all the bad things in terms of management) was a gentleman who respected his clubs and represented them in the correct way and actually tried to build teams.
I don’t think you can blame silva for hull going down they were dead and buried before he got there but he did turn things round and give them a little bit of hope. At Watford he was sacked because he had his head turned very unprofessional on his behalf but in no way was he sacked because of his management ability.

Dissagree massively over some of the points there:

1. Playing possession based football and putting emphasis on pressing is NOT a bad thing, and most of the best managers in the world (right now) currently don't play with a plan "B" Infact the whole notion of a plan B is a load of crap. and in terms of how he was criticized for playing a possession based football and pressing football, Man city and liverpool have done alright this season haven't they! playing with that emphasis.

Clubs don't often changed their entire style of play based on certain opposition, well most top clubs don't, They tinker with their Plan A and continue to improve it.

2. the high back line - Again most top clubs with top players play this style of football and defensive unit, because it often cuts out chances before they happen unlike a more deeper formation.

Martinez's problem was at the time he didn't have the players to implement his style of football, which is failing as a manager for not either buying the right players, or not adapting his "Plan A" to suit the players he had.

If Martinez had the money fat head was given, I'm 100% he would have succeeded, simply because his tactics, training methods etc are the same as other coaches that have won a crap load of trophies.

All Evertonions that I know feel really good at the moment, but we all think that Silva will kill this good feeling. Let the new
director of football choose someone, because on this site we can't agree, the Chairmen chose Koeman last year.
If all goes wrong by October, we sack the new manager and the new D.O.F. and get the Sams back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back