Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent man manager? Come on mate that's a ridiclouse thimg to say, if he had any man management skills Watford players wouldn't of down tools when he did, and to try and say he isn't disloyal is daft when you look at the amount of teams he has been through as both a player and a manager, if it was just one or two you might be able to say it was the club, but not that many.

As for the Arteta shout that's only as an alternative if we can't get a winner at a high kevel, be a much better choice hen Silva. We seem to be going for the last resort first.
So he swapped clubs a lot, not all are his fault, Premier league the biggest league in the world and he about to join a founding member or both the league and premier league, he won’t be jumping any time soon... give the bloke a chance.

If we seriously get Marco Silva or anyone else of that laughable standard then I won't even blame them when they inevitably fail. It will be 100% down to the hierarchy of the club and nobody else. Their lack of ambition is F'N disgusting at this stage. I don't care how Anyone tries to spin it, we're setting ourselves up to fail yet again. This will he the fourth terrible managerial appointment on the bounce (fifth if you count Rhino) we've made should it be Silva. This is just so depressing that it's painful.:(

I think Emery going to Arsenal without giving us a second glance shows that, regardless of how ambitious we try to be, the past 2-3 seasons have done such damage to our reputation and standing that we can't really attract decent managers at the moment

The fact Emery would rather go to Arsenal and get given a paltry 50 Million transfer budget when he'd probably both
A. Get a bigger transfer budget from us
and
B. Probably get paid more by us in wages to be manager

Tells us all we sadly need to know

This has been a depressing eye opener for me

So yeah, I'm not thrilled with Silva, but we have to hope that he does a good enough job to raise both ours and his profiles, meaning the manager we get after him can be of the calibre we'd all prefer

What's the old saying, speculate to accumulate?

If we seriously get Marco Silva or anyone else of that laughable standard then I won't even blame them when they inevitably fail. It will be 100% down to the hierarchy of the club and nobody else. Their lack of ambition is F'N disgusting at this stage. I don't care how Anyone tries to spin it, we're setting ourselves up to fail yet again. This will he the fourth terrible managerial appointment on the bounce (fifth if you count Rhino) we've made should it be Silva. This is just so depressing that it's painful.:(

But will you give him a chance? Doesn't sound like. Silva will be partnered with Brands (if it is Silva) with a remit of bringing a certain style that us Evertonians are craving for. Sounds like a couple of seasons before judgement can be seriously made which I know he will not get from Everton fans. Most anti-Silva fans will expect us to hit the ground running and I hope we do but I can only see a project put in place and a steady progression is crucial or we will be searching again. Until we have progression then we can put to bed the appointment of any high profile managers. It's just where we are.

I think Emery going to Arsenal without giving us a second glance shows that, regardless of how ambitious we try to be, the past 2-3 seasons have done such damage to our reputation and standing that we can't really attract decent managers at the moment

The fact Emery would rather go to Arsenal and get given a paltry 50 Million transfer budget when he'd probably both
A. Get a bigger transfer budget from us
and
B. Probably get paid more by us in wages to be manager

Tells us all we sadly need to know

This has been a depressing eye opener for me

So yeah, I'm not thrilled with Silva, but we have to hope that he does a good enough job to raise both ours and his profiles, meaning the manager we get after him can be of the calibre we'd all prefer

What's the old saying, speculate to accumulate?

You just beat me to it. I agree with you.

But will you give him a chance? Doesn't sound like. Silva will be partnered with Brands (if it is Silva) with a remit of bringing a certain style that us Evertonians are craving for. Sounds like a couple of seasons before judgement can be seriously made which I know he will not get from Everton fans. Most anti-Silva fans will expect us to hit the ground running and I hope we do but I can only see a project put in place and a steady progression is crucial or we will be searching again. Until we have progression then we can put to bed the appointment of any high profile managers. It's just where we are.
What else can I do? Yeah I'll support the guy even if it's obvious that he'll fail and very unlikely that he'll even see the season out. I always back the manager for as long as possible until their actions become indefensible. Whoever is the manager will have my backing.

He also had Sutton and Shearer at their utter peak as a strike partnership and an almost limitless pocketbook for the time

Won naff all in the modern era when he didn't have the deck stacked in his favour (Needing penalties to beat Cardiff FFS)
This is reinforcing the point about Pellegrini, he has won 1 significant trophy in his career and it was with a Man City squad that was largely somebody else's team. Like somebody said before, his Man City career was a lot like Martinez with us just on a higher scale

This is reinforcing the point about Pellegrini, he has won 1 significant trophy in his career and it was with a Man City squad that was largely somebody else's team. Like somebody said before, his Man City career was a lot like Martinez with us just on a higher scale

He'd be a short term appointment anyway

Still, I'm not going to mock another club for getting him. He's a decent manager

They'll be fine

Prentice will be sharpening his pencil at the moment ready to get the PR machine into action and waxing about how promising Silva will be as an Everton manager.

Let's be honest mate, we've never had a high profile manager. We've only had managers who've gone on to do great things.
Of course, things were different in the 60's 70's and 80's, the money came flowing in the 90's, and a lot of teams started going for high profile foreign managers in search of silverware, Alex Ferguson being the exception. We never caught on. By the time we did, we were at such a low standard, we just went for the best of the rest.
The gap between us and the top teams is staggering, but it just didn't happen overnight. It's been happening for 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back