Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum is totally mad... people are saying we need a proven winner in Conte or Emery or Wenger, then in the same breath saying they would have Arteta.

I don’t get why ppl don’t like Silva... he’s a very good young manager, excellent man manager, plays attractive football and a winner.

But he’s disloyal, yet not once did he say I want to go to Everton
Excellent man manager? Come on mate that's a ridiclouse thimg to say, if he had any man management skills Watford players wouldn't of down tools when he did, and to try and say he isn't disloyal is daft when you look at the amount of teams he has been through as both a player and a manager, if it was just one or two you might be able to say it was the club, but not that many.

As for the Arteta shout that's only as an alternative if we can't get a winner at a high kevel, be a much better choice hen Silva. We seem to be going for the last resort first.

I wanted Pellegrini when he left Man City as a free agent instead of Koeman, not so sure now...

Definitely not - when we where going for Koeman I thought he would be a better appointment, not now though. I think West Ham might have a shocker with him, the players they have and what they need are miles apart.

Is Nasri still on a free? imagine him rocking up there....

[on topic].... come on Marco where is the announcement video.

Excellent man manager? Come on mate that's a ridiclouse thimg to say, if he had any man management skills Watford players wouldn't of down tools when he did, and to try and say he isn't disloyal is daft when you look at the amount of teams he has been through as both a player and a manager, if it was just one or two you might be able to say it was the club, but not that many.

As for the Arteta shout that's only as an alternative if we can't get a winner at a high kevel, be a much better choice hen Silva. We seem to be going for the last resort first.

He rehabilitated our sweet African prince. Wash your mouth out. In a way, Silva probably did more to keep us up than Allardyce did. Where would we have been without Niasse’s goals that only occurred because Silva turned him from an U23 outcast into a premier league player.

Excellent man manager? Come on mate that's a ridiclouse thimg to say, if he had any man management skills Watford players wouldn't of down tools when he did.

That doesn't really make sense to me. If the guy whose got suposedly excellent man management skills downs tools then said players don't get his excellent man management and thus their performances suffer. No ?

To be honest mate, I think most players he has managed have said how good he is as a man manager and getting to know the players and improving them. If you get a chance read what Ryan Mason and a few others have to say about him.

Lots of reports said that when we lifted our skirt and he didnt straight out squash it he lost lots of them little relationships which derailed the season.

The turning of the head is a slight concern, but the man must surely realise that he now needs to stay at a club for a sustained period in order to live upto his reputation as one of the bright young managers.

I must be about the only one here who’s quite excited by the news Silva will be taking over.

He’s young, hungry & has plenty of managerial experience, albeit none with the kind of financial backing he’s about to receive.

He has a major job on his hands firstly trimming this squad down, then bringing in the quality to improve us. I would hope Brands & Silva will have already identified the targets & passed this info on to DBB & the rest of the Board to start the transfer negotiations.

As a fan base we really must get behind this guy, we’ve been deprived of any type of enjoyable football since Martinez in his first season.

Silva appears to focus on high press, high energy football. He’s going to have to either change the mentality of this current squad or replace them as it’s clear few are capable of this style of football.

It is exactly how I want us to play. I’m sick of watching us sit back mid half & even deeper & try and nick something on the break with players who frankly aren’t good enough to counter attack.

We haven’t got quick ball carrying central midfielders (something Ross could have been if he’d played at 8, instead of 10).

Silva also can play two up front - another HUGE tick for me. We’ll need to buy another 9 but we needed that anyway. That signing alone could be key to next seasons success. Maybe Brands has a boss South American in the wings ready to dazzle us.

Summarising ......

Two weeks ago I was a flat as a badly made pancake, completely disillusioned with Everton & football in general.

Now, the expectation & excitement for the new season is already beginning to bubble. It feels like Moshiri has finally thought it through, hell ..... it looks like he has a plan.

Patience & understanding. That’s what we are going to need. Some of these players will have not been asked to do what this guy will demand. I’m going to enjoy the transition .......

The hopeless romantic fool that I am is anticipating a Silva lining in the future.

....... the night is darkest just before the dawn.

He modified his methods for Hull and Watford so he is much more adaptable that simply pressing high. Good Post though.

Bry we interviewed him before getting Koeman and he was deemed not good enough.

Add into the fact that they’re paying him 10 Million a year and it’s a great receipe for laughter.
I’m just saying he’s a better option than Arteta and Allardyce, not sure about Silva.

Silva is certainly not last resort. He is first choice of managers we can realistically get for mosh.Do you think Silva should have won the league with Watford or Hull? Do you think pep would win the league with the same teams? Resources are a necessity for any manager and they don't have them and that is the reason we cannot compete for top grade managers. Top managers get there and to keep there reputation strong will only take teams already top of the tree and with plenty of money to spend. They will have access to all top players in the world. Why would they ruin there rep at a club with Evertons current standing.

If we seriously get Marco Silva or anyone else of that laughable standard then I won't even blame them when they inevitably fail. It will be 100% down to the hierarchy of the club and nobody else. Their lack of ambition is F'N disgusting at this stage. I don't care how Anyone tries to spin it, we're setting ourselves up to fail yet again. This will he the fourth terrible managerial appointment on the bounce (fifth if you count Rhino) we've made should it be Silva. This is just so depressing that it's painful.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back