Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte not a chance will go back to Italy, Ancelotti will go to a CL club, Hasenhüttl is taking a year off and can't legally take another job for a year anyway, Jokanovic has the playoffs to worry about at the minute and if rumours are to be believed is on Chelsea's shortlist
If Conte is sacked I think he may get the Napoli job if Sarri leaves which looks likely

If it is to be Silva then Brands will look incredibly weak when he announces it to the media and tells us all what it was he sees in the new manager. "Erm, The Mosh handed me the task of securing his choice from last November". Instead of just hiring Silva before Brands came in.

Kinell fella, it isn’t Game of Thrones. He hasn’t even formally joined yet and you’re speculating about how his political power behind the scenes will be portrayed in the Echo. He’s a friggin Director of Football at Everton, not a General plotting a coup.

Except Silva was always the first resort, even after Watford threw their toys out of the pram.

The job was promised to him at the end of the season, that didn`t change.

Why do you think he hasn`t had a club since he got the boot from Watford.

Whinge all you want, he was always the number one choice ;)

For Moshiri, yes.

But does Brands want him?

Or even rate him.

I was under the impression the DOF will be hiring the manager.

For that reason I am still not altogether sure Silva is nailed on for the job.

How do you know any of that Frank ?

It looks like we`ve been talking to Brands for quite a long time prior to his arrival.

I doubt very much whether we`ve " sprang " Silva on him all of a sudden.

He must be in agreement or why would he come.

Think about it, you know it makes sense.

Ps - Now would be a good time to stop drinking, you`re getting very excitable.
He's come because he gets to choose the manager along with DBB.

Why is everyone acting like this is Moshiri's decision? Am I the only one who reads OS articles?

3XeyH9R.gif

For Moshiri, yes.

Or even rate him.

I agree with your last line, why take so long if he’s unemployed.

For Moshiri, yes.

Or even rate him.

I think things might change, IF on june 1st Silva still isn't here.

Kinell fella, it isn’t Game of Thrones. He hasn’t even formally joined yet and you’re speculating about how his political power behind the scenes will be portrayed in the Echo. He’s a friggin Director of Football at Everton, not a General plotting a coup.

...and if he rubber stamps Moshiri's long time target that makes him look a weak DoF. That's not the reality of the situation, but the arse about face manner that it's being done in will make it look as much.

As said: if the club were intent on carrying through with Silva even before Brands came in (which looks the case) then the order of appointments should have been Silva first followed by Brands. And that way we could avoid all the uncertainty and have got down already to sifting through this pile of work that needs doing in a WC summer. that does us no favour in that respect.

Where are you getting this from, if you don't mind me asking? I've just had a quick scan over the fixtures of his time in charge of Hull and Watford and I can't find anywhere near 8 times his teams have been 2-0 up and ended up losing.
I am currently re evaluating this myself. some conflicting info on different sites.

it doesn't look as high as 8 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back