Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we give him a 5 year deal from the off I swear I'll scream.
I think there’s a reason why that may be true. There’s probably a concern at boardroom level that he was prepared to walk out on Watford after a handful of games, and he hadn’t stayed longer than one season at his previous clubs either whether it was his fault or not. If we tie him down to a long term contract, the thought probably is that nobody will come in for him and potentially turn his head if he does well, as nobody will likely pay the 25+ million in compensation needed to buy him out of the remainder of his contract. There’s also probably a thought that we want to commit to someone Longer term as we’ve just binned 3 managers in a couple of years and we ourselves need to be careful of getting a reputation of firing managers at the drop of a hat.

The flip side to that of course, is he better turn out to be good! because we can’t afford to sack another manager, and pay off 3/4 years that may be left on a 6/7/ million a year contract. Risky! But I can understand potentially going down the long term route.

June 1st. Then the World Cup friendlies start up a day or so later and any targets we may have out of that lot will be tied up for a month.

Brands can give his ok right now. He doesn't need a coronation to get out the way to start.

Mate, it's a done deal. The June the 1st date suits all parties for an announcement.

I'd imagine they will have already tied up a number of deals for players as it's clear both have been on the cards for a number of months if not a totally done deal. The international players are away yes, but numerous players have signed for clubs pre world cup / euros previously. It'll all be in hand of that I've no doubt. I'm very confident in these two guys being a sucess.

Mate, it's a done deal. The June the 1st date suits all parties for an announcement.

I'd imagine they will have already tied up a number of deals for players as it's clear both have been on the cards for a number of months if not a totally done deal. The international players are away yes, but numerous players have signed for clubs pre world cup / euros previously. It'll all be in hand of that I've no doubt. I'm very confident in these two guys being a sucess.

No panic to announce him as the players are away. Marcel officially starts June 1st. Also gives a little longer to maybe sort things with Watford.

I think nowadays the agents do most of the talking and negotiating and the player and manager have a quick meeting to discuss footballing matters and then the player signs.

Are we talking about Everton here? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back