Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously there are various managers out there with exciting records, Brands will have a much better grasp of this than Moshiri ever will have.

as ive stated numerous times, this club is crying out for a proven wiiner with a track record of achieving things wherever they go, an ancelotti, van gaal type.

even in the short term, just to turn the club on its head and instill the winning mentality throughout the whole club.

its time for this type of appointment.

Those 2 are big names but would be awful here...

Pardew had one in his mad Newcastle deal. Meant they didn't pay whatever was left on his deal - 4/5 years I think - but what he was due for the season following.

There were a few, er, unusual issues with his contract at Newcastle iirc. Allegedly.

seriously there are various managers out there with exciting records, Brands will have a much better grasp of this than Moshiri ever will have.

as ive stated numerous times, this club is crying out for a proven wiiner with a track record of achieving things wherever they go, an ancelotti, van gaal type.

even in the short term, just to turn the club on its head and instill the winning mentality throughout the whole club.

its time for this type of appointment.

It's interesting that you mention those two, Van Gaal almost caused a mutiny at United, the players were sick of his school master ridged style of play where they were not free to express themselves. One example was his instruction that if there was a low ball passed across the penalty area the players were not allowed to shoot first time, they had to take a touch and then hit it. It got so bad that he was sending them tactical notes by email and the players were just ignoring them.

Anchelotti had a similar problem at Bayern. the players were complaining that they were unfit because the training wasn't strong enough leading to many injuries and that he was absent all the time. he fell out with a lot of players as they perceived a lack of intensity from him.

There are many articles about these instances that go into more detail about the havoc they caused so before suggesting a "Big name" it might be a good idea to do a bit of research.

SSN really giving it big kicks now. Must be a goer now because it's no.1 on their trending bar.
Jovial Jim saying that Marcel Brands although not officially started "already exerting his influence" by endorsing Silva as the next occupant of our hot seat.

There were a few, er, unusual issues with his contract at Newcastle iirc. Allegedly.

howay-image-3-241211039.jpg

Anchelotti had a similar problem at Bayern. the players were complaining that they were unfit because the training wasn't strong enough leading to many injuries and that he was absent all the time. he fell out with a lot of players as they perceived a lack of intensity from him.
That is the most German thing ever innit?

Getting the manager sacked because he isn't drilling them hard enough hahahaha

That is a fair stick to beat him with, and a concern I share.

But, what has occurred to me recently is that we have absolutely no idea what, if any, agreements he had with Watford. I a reasonably sure the contract wasnt a long one anyrate. But I might have read that on here, so could be codswallop.
If you read it on here there’s a 99% chance it was codswallop

the quote 'long term' suggests a huge contract does it not.

worrying to say the least, given his previous.

we will never learn
30 m buyout clause for when the big boys come calling after we win the double the first year and the CL and the league the second year.
That’ll make sure he stays and sees out his contract

Don't forget Big Sam had clarity 3 weeks ago off Moshiri lol
He was also stating he was planning for next season {on the beach}
nothing is done until it's done - christ its sounds like the brexit threadlol
As an Irishman and a committed European that’s one thread I’m glad I didn’t get involved in.
I think Britain will regret it but that’s beside the point

Can see that, but its not a perfect science is it? Does well, 5 year deal protects us, does crap, 5 year deal protects him.

Either way, looks like he is in, and assuming he can actually coach footballers well, (seems so), having Brands as the Head Boy makes me feel ok about the overall picture.
There should be a way to build in some form of minimum performance standards, similar to Moyes had at United when he was binned for not qualifying for champions league. It could be phased MPS, like finishing in top half first season (given likely upheaval initially in playing staff and style) and qualifying for Europe in subsequent seasons. If he doesn't meet those standards we have the option to release him for a pre agreed settlement. For our part we could agree to a buy out clause if a "more attractive" club comes along.

I'd also have him on a salary scale that's linked to performance. Don't think he's ever been on more than £1.5m pa so I'd suggest starting him at around £3m, increasing by £1m when he finishes in European slot for the first time, and anther £1m when he wins a trophy for the first time, and another £1m when he qualifies for the champions league for the first time. He'd then be on £6m. FFS we've just given Allardyce £9m for 6 months.

There should be some way to agree to a long term deal that protects both parties and also incentivises him to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back