Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under AVB we were essentially just giving the ball to Bale and letting him win us games by the odd goal. It wasn't entertaining football but it had very entertaining moments just because of how good Bale was at the time.

After Bale was sold the money was spent in a very poor way and he at the very least had a big influence how that money was spent. Soldado, Paulinho etc.

After the sale of Bale we were pretty awful, still capable of beating smallish sides but mostly poor against any bigger side. Pochettino spent his first couple of summers fixing the squad from the damage done under AVB, after Pochettino's first season he had to sell/release 14 players.

There were a fair few embarrassing results as well, like losing to City 6-0, Liverpool 5-1 and Arsenal 5-2.

If I remember rightly, Pochettino wouldn't have even got the chance to fix the squad if you hadn't got lucky by having one of the best strikers in the world in your youth ranks.

I want him in because he makes crap teams good. He nearly kept a dead Hull side up and Watford were outplaying some of the top 6 before "his head was turned"

Silva has been sorted unofficially for ages but he can't sign officially till after this weekend when the "window" in his Watford contract opens, I am led to believe.

It is hard to make meaningful comparisons between managers nowadays, due to how skewed the finances are. Pep is said to be the best, but he has only worked with the best.

The thing I do not like about Silva is his lack of loyalty, which is demonstrated by his constant bouncing from club to club and, more pointedly, his antics last season at Watford.
Hopefully Silva realises he is damaged goods at this stage.
He knows no one in the top 6 will touch him.
His only hope at redemption is to spend 3 or 4 years here to rebuild his reputation

Silva has been sorted unofficially for ages but he can't sign officially till after this weekend when the "window" in his Watford contract opens, I am led to believe.
He’s been sacked. What does his Watford contract have to do with anything? He doesn’t have a contract with them anymore.

I hope Everton drop their pursuit of Silva if it means delay and a legal dispute with Watford. He is not that good anyway and that turrd club deserves nothing from us. Move on to someone else. It is embarrassing.

I know, the team had gotten so awful they were seventh in the Premier League and had won all six of their Europa League matches. Tottenham think a fair bit of themselves these days, but thats recent history, and would be an extremely different tune about the manager if it werent for these past 2 seasons alone.

Don't know how you figure that. If you had took a poll at the moment AVB was sacked 90% would have agreed it was the right call. Fans were sick of his press conferences and the constant stories of bad eggs in the squad. Plus getting smashed in the big games.

Baffling innit.

Lets appoint, in our biggest appointment yet, a man whose only been a coach and done well on his badges course over fellas who have actually experience as managers.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back