Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair
Yeah, I think youre suffering from greener grass effect, and have forgotten how dire the football was under Martinez the last 2 seasons. It all seemed well and good, but during the 967th backwards and sideways pass for the sake of possessions fans wanted to just gouge their eyes out. You may remember there was a lot of booing, it was ugly football, just different ugly. Backwards passes are not as exciting as they are made up to be.
Yes, fair point. Towards the end it got very toxic indeed. That was partly what I was saying with my “infuriating” sentence.

However, in those last 2 seasons we did do the following:
Beat United 3-0
Beat Chelsea 3-1
Beat city 2-1

Even the frustrating Chelsea and Bournemouth 3-3 games we actually played better football than we have done this season and it was entertaining at times.

There were awful games as well (the pit/a few others) but I won’t go into that too much.

I’m not saying it was all great. It wasn’t. I’m just saying on average I preferred Martinez football over his 3 years to allardyce football from what I’ve seen over the last 6 months.

Totally see your point though.

Fair

Yes, fair point. Towards the end it got very toxic indeed. That was partly what I was saying with my “infuriating” sentence.

However, in those last 2 seasons we did do the following:
Beat United 3-0
Beat Chelsea 3-1
Beat city 2-1

Even the frustrating Chelsea and Bournemouth 3-3 games we actually played better football than we have done this season and it was entertaining at times.

There were awful games as well (the pit/a few others) but I won’t go into that too much.

I’m not saying it was all great. It wasn’t. I’m just saying on average I preferred Martinez football over his 3 years to allardyce football from what I’ve seen over the last 6 months.

Totally see your point though.
Yeah but (apart from RM’s first season) that’s a lot like saying “I preferred being punched in the balls over being shot in the face”

Yeah but (apart from RM’s first season) that’s a lot like saying “I preferred being punched in the balls over being shot in the face”
Haha, maybe. That first season was the most I’ve enjoyed being an Everton fan though. We were genuinely great to watch most weeks. Obviously I wasn’t around for the 80s when EFC were really really good.

Funny analogy though. Watching allardyce football is like slowly being tortured.

Maddock confirming what we knew already. Silva to sign this week, plus Brands & Silva have had "lengthy" talks about the EFC blueprint. Emphasis on youth - yippee! (Knew this already, didn't we?)

Maddock confirming what we knew already. Silva to sign this week, plus Brands & Silva have had "lengthy" talks about the EFC blueprint. Emphasis on youth - yippee! (Knew this already, didn't we?)

Hope them lengthy talks include a target list.

Wonder how Brands will decide who to sell without working with them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back